Iridovirus? Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

arielsworld17974

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I noticed my poor female opaline gourami acting weird last night. And then she looked like this this morning!! She always fades so I wasn't worried when she fades. But this doesn't look right!! All the other fish are doing great! Levels are fine I'm going to check them tonight again after I get off work.
But this looks like iridovirus ):
Please help
I have switched their food to color enhancing food could this be it as well?? I really like her and I'm so worried ):

Pics

Attachments

• 2015-03-02 11.47.52.jpg
    2015-03-02 11.47.52.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 2015-03-02 11.48.35.jpg
    2015-03-02 11.48.35.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 147
Got home from work and this is what she looks Like. She looks worse!! White scaley bumps on her stomach and she looks so bloated. She can't be bloated she poops constantly. I removed her from the tank. Into a bug glass pitcher (the only thing I have at the moment). She won't eat at all. I also noticed the dark area on her head is only on the left side. She's very white and pale. Even before I took her out of the tank. Very slow and sluggish.

I really need to know if I should just uthanize her ):

Attachments

• 2015-03-02 18.35.10.jpg
    2015-03-02 18.35.10.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 153
I'm sorry, but the only thing I can think of is dropsy! D:

I was thinking it could possibly be that. Her fins almost look swollen as well. In the front. I don't think she could be gravid, some people have said they go black if they're gravid. I just need to know if I should uthanize her ....
Just noticed her poop is white and clear. Don't know if this is something I can cure.

White and clear could be internal parasites, but I have no experience in those.
confused.gif

This photo almost looks like jer belly is clear. Very swollen and see through. I'll try and post lots of pictures. It has gotten worse though. Just from this morning.

Attachments

• 2015-03-02 19.10.12.jpg
    2015-03-02 19.10.12.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 157
I really am convinced it's parasites now. I'm going to research treatment so I can treat her

So I went ahead and put her back in the tank. I figured, if she was already in there the others were exposed already. I also read it's best to treat the whole tank if you have parisites.

Got up this morning though and this is what she looks like!! I'm so confused. The color is on both sides not the the left like her head.

Attachments

• 2015-03-03 06.56.47.jpg
    2015-03-03 06.56.47.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 147
Internal parasite meds depend on if the fish is eating or not. If eating, try Metrodinazole treated food. It is much less effective when added to the water.

If the fish is not eating you can try Levamisole HCL or Flubendazole. I have both in my med box. You can buy these here http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/ItemsForSale.html

Levamisole HCl for treatment of Camallanus Nematodes and other internal parasites.

FLUBENDAZOLE 10 % Water soluble Powder treats protozoa wasting disease, serious treatment for Velvet, internal and external parasites, half gram treats 20 gallons Gets rid of unwanted snails without killing everything else, even the MLS .......
It is the BEST Hydra treatment available.
from the site linked above.

Thanks TTA! I was in the dark about this whole parasite thing. :D

Unfortunately it wasn't parisites. It was dropsy ): I had to uthanize her last night. You could clearly tell it was dropsy by last night. All.od her scales were sticking out. Very sad day. I really like her ):

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back