Ipond

SouthernCross

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
852
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
AU
I just wanted to draw everyone's attention to this new product thats on the market - the iPond. Basically, its a fish tank built into a speaker you plug your ipod into. SPEAKERS. And they're encouraging people to keep fish in them.

It was first brought up over in the betta forum in the thread below. There is also a picture of one posted there too:

http://www.fishforums.net/content/Bettas/219299/Iponds/

I thought other people other than the betta forum (as I'm sure people will put in them things other than bettas) should be made aware of it, and I'm interested in your thoughts and opinions, and frankly, if there's anything we could do - write to the manufacturer, etc. Because this is so wrong and cruel on so many levels! One, the space is tiny, and two, I imagine the noise would be incredibly stressful for the fish.
 
Any idiot can tell fish are sensitive to noise. All you have to do is clap your hands near a fish tank and the poor things run terrified.

I would be more concerned with the lack of water volume than the pathetic wattage that the speaker puts out. From my experience most fish, like many other animals, get acclimated to the noise in their surroundings. Years ago I was in a metal band, the drummer bred oscars. Music many times louder than those peewee iPond speakers never bothered the fish.

Last week I had a little rack building project in my fishroom, 3'x10' rack for five 40's & three 20's;

dsc017621iv4.jpg


dsc017631zv7.jpg


The tubs beneath it hold 150 gallons each. Ever known two guys with power tools to not make noise? One pair of angels spawned yesterday, another today. A third pair spawned the day after we built it.

Give the poor iPond fish more room, and rock on.
 
There is an article on the iPond HERE and a petition against it HERE

As usual, there will be the normal TFF "it wont change anything" replies :rolleyes: and they may be right, but there is a chance it will do something. If nothing is done, then nothing will change, so as always it's your choice, if you don't like them then just sign, if you don't care, don't bother.

Arfie :D

Edit: I've just noticed this has appeared in the betta section in the thread listed below! But those who didn't sign last time can do it now ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top