Ipod And Itunes Problems

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having a big problem with iTunes at the moment.
Basically, it was backing up my iTunes library (which is all kept on my external 500GB hard-drive) onto my C Vista Drive, which was leaving me with very little space and a slow computer. I'd tried to save space in other ways, but I can't. iTunes is the problem. I've deleted all songs and videos I don't need etc, and tried to move programs onto my external hardrive but I'm still stuck. Now, I finally moved my songs onto my other Data E drive, which has much more space, then deleted them off my C drive. Then I went onto iTunes and changed my preferences so my songs are kept in this Data E drive. I then went in a frenzy and deleted loads of songs, which I thought left my Data E drive nice and tidy. Turns out I hadn't copied all of the files over when I deleted, so I lost loads of my files, both the folders on my external and Data E are messed up and some of my songs are long gone.

I know that next time I sync my iPod it will delete the songs off the iPod which I deleted (and can't get back, I don't have the CD's). I really want to avoid this- is there a way I can back-up my iPod and the songs BEFORE it syncs?

Cheers!

You should be able to change the preferences on iTunes so that it does not delete all of your songs on the iPod. Did you empty the trash on your computer? If not, the files are probably relaxing in the trash. If you purchased any of those songs from iTunes, you can contact apple and request for the option to re-download those w/o paying for them again. Was it your fault that you didn't copy all of the files, or was iTunes the problem?

Also, I hate to break it to you, but iTunes will run slower on a windows computer. The way it is written for Mac makes it a fairly quick program, but the way it's written for PC's make it a little more of a sluggish program.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back