Introducing A Female

mbsqw1d

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
3,083
Reaction score
3,076
Points
113
Location
UK
I've made my mind up. Dumb, my Dwarf Gourami needs a missus! I'm going to have to try and order one as LFS never has them. Is there any important preps I need to make before introducing her to him. How likely are they to pair up? Are they anything like Bolivian Rams where they might not get together? Considering I already have 2 x B. Rams would anyone foresee and problems?

many thanks :)
 
Hi, best to add 2 females rather than just 1. If ready he will try to mate but if his advances are resisted he will harass the female constantly. If you introduce 2 then his advances will be shared between the 2 and hopefully help prevent the chance of death due to stress
 

Most reactions

Back
Top