Interesting Response To Ad On Aquarists Classified

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
438
Points
83
Location
Wirral UK
Theres an ad on classified ads for 2 clown knifefish, 18 and 14 inches long living in 55 gallon tank lol

I emailed him asking how big they grow and he replied today saying not much more maybe an inch or two!!! lol

I'm half temted to eail back with one of those fishermen pics with a 3ft specimen asking if its the same kind of ffish
 
I've never seen a clown knife less than about 6 inches, heh. If you're interested in the fish, I'd get a look at the fish rather than confronting the seller on their potential size, as either they're misidentified (in which case best case scenario you're still looking at a 12 inch fish), he's misinformed/misinforming you.

Also, I don't really know how far they usually grow in captivity. They can get 40 inches in the wild, and most if not all are wild caught, but I've heard between 20 and 30 inches given as an expected size starting them small in captivity.
 
not intersted in the fish but was curious as to whether he would mislead me

I've got one alreay. He's about 15 inches and coming along lovely
 
out of curiosity
 

Most reactions

Back
Top