In Memory Of A Friend.....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Inchworm

Li'l Ole Fish Lady
Reaction score
Angel.jpg

It is with great sadness that the TFF team must tell you about the loss of one of our own. Diane Winnett, known as Angel Lady, passed away on August 21, 2006 from injuries sustained in an automobile accident. After lingering in a coma for five days, she crossed the Rainbow Bridge to spend eternity with many of the animal friends she made in the brief 43 years she had in this world. :byebye:

Pet of the Month Leader, Angel Lady joined TFF on March 9, 2003 and spent countless hours posting about her many fish and other pets. The following year, when she realized how many other members shared her concern for all kinds of other pets as well, she was the driving force behind beginning the Pet of the Month contest.

Angel Lady, according to her profile, loved Fish cats birds and any other animal that lives.. Less than a year ago she posted that she currently shared her home with 24 indoor cats,6 outdoor cats,1 degu, 1 guniea pig, 1 cockatiel,1 dog, 1 uromastic lizard. Here are just a few pictures you might remember of the ferrets and cats she cherished:

post-736-1128700832.jpg

post-20-1120571655.jpg

post-736-1128701473.jpg

post-20-1088215833.jpg

post-736-1125643745.jpg

But, Angel Lady was more than just a someone who cared for animals. She was a warm and friendly person, a loving mother and companion. Her interests included riding a motorcycle and collecting guns, and she proudly shared this part of her life with us too.

Rest in peace, Angel Lady. You will always be with us in our thoughts and prayers.

Diane.jpg

Close your eyes now
my longtime friend
and let this time of suffering
come to a peaceful end.
We'll walk together
soon, I'm sure,
as winter turns to spring
when snow gives way
to budding leaves
and birds begin to sing,
The gentle breeze
shall call your name
along the water's edge.
For what we shared
and what you meant
shall never be forgot.
Your friendship spans
the years behind
your memory ahead.
You'll always be
there next to me
companion and good friend.

Some of us knew her as Diane Winnett from Kentucky. Some of us knew her as Angel Lady. But all of us knew her as a sweet, kind woman with a huge heart. She was always there to comfort us, if our animals were dying, or near death. She was always there to lend a word of incouragement and hope, if we rescued an animal, or if our animals were sick. And she was always there to celebrate the happy times with us too.

She was passionate about animals, which a quick look at her interests could tell you. "Fish, cats, birds, and any other animal that lives.." She did everything she could to give them a wonderful life. I remember her telling me about all her rescue pets, and their stories, and how she was breaking the rules on how many cats to keep. I remember this quote from her especially: "I don't care what happens to me, as long as the animals have a good home." That was her in a nutshell. And she gave many animals a wonderful, kind, loving home. For that, I am sure they are eternally grateful.

She fought hard to bring us POTM, and it payed off. She was determined to make that contest work, and it did. If you read through the thread she started for POTM, you can get a taste of her determination for it to happen. She succeded, and that contest is still enjoyed by forumers today.

She will be dearly missed by all, and remembered as an angel to animals, and a lovely woman. I feel a quote from a song sums it up nicely:

"When I look into your eyes,
I know that it's true,
God must have spent,
A little more time
On you..."

May she Rest In Peace.

We would like to invite anyone who wants to, to post a tribute, a thought or prayer for her family, or anything you feel is appropriate here.

Angel Lady is the reason i'm still checking in on the household pet's forum. When I joined this message board last year I posted a few pictures of my ferrets in the pets forum and she was straight there with words of how great they are and how cute, upon her recommendation I posted them for PoTM and sure enough they won!
During my time posting messages about my ferrets on this board, I had a creulty case unfolding here in England, we work closely with the RSPCA and they brought us a ferret that had been severly mis-treated. I posted pictures of him on this board and kept a little diary going. Every other post was Angel Lady checking in on him and seeing how he was doing. She even wanted to come to England to see him! She truely was an Angel Lady to pets and animals alike.
RIP Angel Lady and our thoughts are with your family. I have no doubt that she is in heaven with all the wonderful pets she was never able to save.

:-( I've just come across this post, and...Wow. That was a shock. I knew she had been gone for a while, and I was growing concerned that I hadn't seen her online (I had put it down to different timezones, in the end)...but this? That was something I never expected. Dianne was always so full of life, especially when it came to animals and rescuing them.

She was willing to give anyone a chance, whether they were an animal, or a human, and she would often do anything within her power and funds to save an animal - no matter what it was.

In our chats she talked at length about setting up an animal sanctuary and rescue centre, as soon as she had the funds. It was something she was desperate to do, and something which would have made countless animal's lives better.

I'm sure her son and her boyfriend will look after all the animals, so there is little need to worry about those. If they even have half the passion as Dianne, those animals will stay incredibly well cared for and a tribute to her legacy - I'm sure it will be a legacy...she must have saved so many lives.

It seems so unfair for her to go, when she's done so much and helped so many people and animals - online and offline.

Rest In Peace, Dianne. We'll all miss you and your energy.

:sad: This is so sad. My condolences got out to her family and friends. Such an injustice to loose someone who cared so much for all God's creatures. She will be sorely missed. It's a blessing that she spent her time here looking after neglected and abused animals.

Rest In Peace Dianne. :byebye:

Im really shocked and saddened to read that she has died. I was only thinking about her a couple of days ago and wondering how she was.
I didnt know her that well but we did send the odd pm to each other, and she always came over as a kind and caring person and has been said, passionate about the animals not only in her life but here too.

She will be missed :-( RIP Angel Lady

I believe we should do something, maybe raise some money for animal charites in AngelLady's memory?
I'm willing to lead it and create donation page etc. if other people feel it is a good idea?

I must admit that while I only browse this forum and lurk around it, I'd started to quite like Angel Lady. Just looking at the signature that was made for her shows what type of person she was really. She definatly was passionate about animals, she couldn't love them more, and that's how she'll always remain in my memories.

May you rest in peace Diane.

Also, I'd like to add my condolences to any family that might read this. May you find the strength to help you get through this.

:-( Oh my goodness! This is terrible, tragic news. Angel Lady was so integral to the Household Pets section of the forum, and was a wonderful, compassionate woman. She will be greatly missed at TFF, and surely by all of the animals and people she touched in her life.

I agree with Timmy that something needs to be done, but the problem is that with so many differenty nationalities how would we ever decide which charity to give it to?

It's a good idea, if we can come up with a way to do it.

On top of that, I also think that every PotM from now on should be held in her memory. I'll get back onto banner making, again, and come up with a way of remembering her through the banner.

(I probably wouldn't be able to donate, but I'd be willing to help as much as possible.)

As she had a real passion for cats and ferrets, how about finding charities that care for these animals close to her home?

Thats really sad news that angel lady has died :-( ...I don't know what to say...

But i think it would be a great idea to do something in her memory for the animals she loved in her life, i think setting up or donating money to an animal sanctuary or charity or something in her name would be good.

As she had a real passion for cats and ferrets, how about finding charities that care for these animals close to her home?

Where abouts did she live in kentucky?

though i had never talked to her - from reading her posts i can tell she was a very warm person.
shes gone to a better place :mama:

i dont really know what to say im in shock my thoughts are with this wonderful ladys family and friends my your happy memories keep you strong at this very sad time

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back