TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Tropical Fish Forums'
May 2023
Pet of the Month Contest

We had 6 awesome Pets entered in this month's POTM contest. But only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
FairyFish
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's their winning American Shorthair Guinea Pig

img_1710-jpeg.318507

This is Sylvia, one of my guinea pigs! She’s an American Shorthair, and she just turned 3 years old!
I got her when she was only a few months old. She was born in a rodent mill, and she, along with many other guinea pigs, was rescued and put up for adoption in a shelter.
Despite being mistreated where she was born, she’s the most affectionate guinea pig that I’ve ever owned. She’s always happy for a cuddle and often falls asleep on me. She was one of my first guinea pigs, and it was adopting her that inspired my love of all animals, and inspired me to become a vegetarian. She lives in a 16 sq. ft. C&C cage with her ‘little sister’ Snickerdoodle (who we adopted after Sylvia’s best friend passed from old age)

I hope this wasn’t too long lol, thanks for reading! Good luck, all the other contestants are adorable! 🥰

Last edited:
Congrats to @FairyFish with their super cute American Shorthair Guinea Pig. Good Going, @FairyFish!
Coming in 2nd place is @JuliaAndFish co. with their Duck name Graygray. Your loved pet is just "Ducky." Nice pic and great entry.
And coming in 3rd place is @Fish384 with their super awesome rescue dog name Stella. The name you chose for her is perfect as she is truly "Stellar." Great pic!

Thanks go out to everyone who participated in this month's Pet of the Month contest.

Right now we are accepting entries in our Tank of the Month contest. For June's contest, we are featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. If you have that size tank, we hope to see you entering the contest. CLICK HERE to view the entry thread.

Last edited:
Congrats! Sylvia sure is a cutie!

Congrats to @FairyFish with their super cute American Shorthair Guinea Pig. Good Going, @FairyFish!
Coming in 2nd place is @JuliaAndFish co. with their Duck name Graygray. Your loved pet is just "Ducky." Nice pic and great entry.
And coming in 3rd place is @Fish384 with their super awesome rescue dog name Stella. The name you chose for her is perfect as she is truly "Stellar." Great pic!

Thanks go out to everyone who participated in this month's Pet of the Month contest.

Right now we are accepting entries in our Tank of the Month contest. For June's contest, we are featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. If you have that size tank, we hope to see you entering the contest. CLICK HERE to view the entry thread.

Congratulations Fairy Fish. Definitely a cutie.

Love the winner! Congrats!

Mighty good looking guinea pig and a great photograph of her. Congratulations!

Thank you so much everyone!! I entered not expecting to even place, this was such a surprise! Thanks everyone! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back