I'm Working at Marineland!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Congrats!

(Wouldn't a pirate wear Pantaloons, not pants? just a thought)

pantaloons.jpg

Yes, Undawada, that's the type of pants that come with the pattern I have. ;)

Thanks, everyone! :wub: I will definitely beat the tourists putting trash in the tanks [Hell, I might jokingly pretend to toss one in with a whale! :p :lol:], and I'll do my best to hurry up on costumes, I promise! I seriously have like, $2.05 on my desk right now and that's all the cash I have to my name, so I'm waiting on a paycheck from an old job.. and then I'll bum money off my mom to pay for my bog standard Marineland uniform rather than the jester costume..

I was actually in Fabricland last night drooling over fabrics for the costume.. I am far too excited about this!

Just another short update, since Canoechiq asked in another thread..

I'm going to the park May 14th to do a costuming session, which involves taking measurements while in my wetsuit, and going over different ideas for the costume. They were going to let me try on the old costumes they have and possibly use them as patterns, which isn't too bad, but this is what I am going to present to them instead:
costume.gif

It's from the earlier pirate pattern I mentioned, but I actually coloured it up to look like it would if I made it. Now let's hope they like it! :D

That looks great! Just the right combination of pirate and jester.

I'm going to be going to Niagra Falls the last week in August, will you be working at the Marineland then? Maybe I could stop by and visit you at work :D

Absolutely. :) I'm there all summer and my only days off are Monday and Tuesday, so chances are you'll see me there. I'm not sure which tank they'll have me working on particularly, but when it gets closer to that time PM me with when you're coming and I'll check with the bosses and let you know.

And trust me, you won't miss me.. I'm the first thing out at the beginning of the show! :lol:

Just something else I wanted to add.. this is one of the tanks I'll be working in:
Killer Whales!

Hey littlefishie

At the show I went to the jester messed with and then picked a vol. from the stands to...( if I remember) get a kiss? If I bring me a TFF ROCKS sign can I kiss a dolphin?!! :wub:
This is of course if you won't get in trouble. Any way looking forward to pictures. My son (4) said your outfit was " Spiffy I like red" and my daughter (2) said "pretty". So your on your way to many adoring small kids. :kana:

smb7676 said:
Hey littlefishie

At the show I went to the jester messed with and then picked a vol. from the stands to...( if I remember) get a kiss? If I bring me a TFF ROCKS sign can I kiss a dolphin?!! :wub:
This is of course if you won't get in trouble. Any way looking forward to pictures. My son (4) said your outfit was " Spiffy I like red" and my daughter (2) said "pretty". So your on your way to many adoring small kids. :kana:
:rofl: Y'know, if they let me do that and you bring a sign, I will most definitely pick you. I promise. ;)

Your kids are so cute! Tell them I said thanks for the kind words, and that if they come with signs I'll pick them too! :lol:

littlefishie said:
What's really cool is I don't need a university degree in marine biology for it.. it's preferred but if I work my way into it, it's not required..
U mean ive been bustin my ass off at uni for nothin, when in the end, i can dress up in tight pants and lycro without a degree! :angry: Not happy.....

But i think u all would be glad to hear im stayin put. Ive come to the decision lycro doesnt suite me. :nod: :p

mr_miagi32 said:
littlefishie said:
What's really cool is I don't need a university degree in marine biology for it.. it's preferred but if I work my way into it, it's not required..
U mean ive been bustin my ass off at uni for nothin, when in the end, i can dress up in tight pants and lycro without a degree! :angry: Not happy.....

But i think u all would be glad to hear im stayin put. Ive come to the decision lycro doesnt suite me. :nod: :p
But are you trying to be a dolphin and whale trainer, Benny? :p

And heyyy, I don't really wear Lycra. Just a wetsuit with a costume! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back