I'm Working at Marineland!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

littlefishie

I Harth Darth
Reaction score
http://www.marinelandcanada.com

I had my interview this afternoon at 1:30, and it went so well.. I've got a job there!
Right now I'm guaranteed a job as an admissions cashier, but I have to go back on Tuesday afternoon to audition for what is according to Rob [my friend who works there] one of the most coveted positions at Marineland.

What's even better is that, if I get that position, I'd be the first female in the history of Marineland to hold the position.

I'd be a jester. :D
Sounds weird, doesn't it?!
During the whale/dolphin shows, it'd be my job to give away some prizes, get the crowd riled up before the show.. do some tricks with the dolphins, make an idiot of myself.. :hyper: From what Rob's been telling me, it's a lot of acting, and there's costumes and such involved.. I'm so excited about that. He was telling me about some elaborate skit in which I'd be an abducted princess and then end up married to the King at the end.. King Wally the Walrus. :blink: Yep.. married to a walrus! :lol: :whistle:

And all for 40 hours a week, at $7.45 an hour.

I'm also supposed to do some comic stuff like trip over the buckets of fish waiting there for the dolphins and whales.. I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas as to what I can do for things like that... I'm thinking nearly fall into the giant tank, stuff like that. Any ideas? To see what it looks like, check out the link above.. it should be under 'The Cove' or something like that.

Forget working at the LFS.. you want big fish?! Come work with dolphins and killer whales! ;)

Yeah! Congratulations, Well done, does this mean we all get concessions on our entry fee.

Well they closed down the seaworld I went to, which was connected to sixflags so it was the best. But cedar point bought the two parks, changed everything. :sad:

Congratulations on your new job :nod: You are so lucky to work there. I have been to Seaworld in Orlando loads of times and i would kill for a job there :nod:

Congratulations on the job - I hope you get the other one you want - I can remember going to Ocean world / Park in Hong Kong in 1978 that was similar to where you are going to work from the sound of it. That was a brilliant day from what I can remember of it.

Phil

I've already got it. ;) I have a job regardless, they just have to decide which one I'm going to have.. whether or not it'll be just a cashier, or this jester thing..

Frank, do you mean the Seaworld where that killer whale went crazy and now they don't do shows with whales? ..That's why they have to rearrange the shows here, because it would cost too much to use the whales now for insurance. The main whale died last year, and the only one they have left that they can use for shows is 20 years old, and getting more aggresive every month.. :crazy: Wouldn't want to get in a tank with him..

oh i thought marineland as in emporer and penguin filters, that would have been a tough job to get for a university student

Great work littlefishie, hope you get the jester position. I teach and before it was a scary thing, now I love it, sure you will do a great job.

Jon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back