I'm Working at Marineland!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Out of respect for the Mods... I won't say where this thread has taken my miind....

But thank you for taking it there, LOL!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pnyklr3 said:
Only three years until you smell like dead fish? Man, you're lucky! It took my four years to smell like chalk and learn the definition of "crunk." Hmmmm, being an animals trainer, working in a wetsuit and swimming for a living :hyper: B) ...compared to getting chalk on my clothes, breaking up fights, and being called "teacher" (because I obviously have no other name) :crazy: :X . Looks like I picked the wrong line of work! :lol:
Stupid punk kids!

You know if you showed up in a wetsuit they'd be like 'PLEASE DON'T FEED ME TO A KILLER WHALE!' ...It's worth a try. ;)

What's really cool is I don't need a university degree in marine biology for it.. it's preferred but if I work my way into it, it's not required..
I might not have to move to Nove Scotia after all!

One_Trick_Pony said:
little fishie??? wet suit??? hmmm i might have to fly over there
You had to lower the tone :p

(searches google for flights to marineland :whistle: )

Jon

Just thought I'd update this..

I went for the 'second interview' today, which was really meeting the Marine Mammal bosses to see if they wanted me for a female jester, and if not I was to go over and sign up for cash work..

Within 2 minutes of talking to me they were like 'Congrats, you're the very first female jester at Marineland! ..Now tell us more. What kinda jester-y stuff can you do?'

So I mentioned my cheerleading experience, saying I had stamina and flexibility, as well as drama and stuff like that..
They perked up at cheerleading cos they were picturing gymnastics and stuff so they asked just how flexible I was.. I made both of 'em stand up, and one of he guys was 6 feet tall.. I did a high kick over their heads and they were like 'Holy.. crap.. can you do cartwheels? Handsprings? Juggle?' Um, yes, yes, and yes. :thumbs:

They told me to start desiging a costume, so I went and picked up that pirate pattern I posted earlier.. I'm going to do the pants version, cos that'd be easier for cartwheels.

Training starts May 16th!

whoo-hoo pants! the best thing that ever came of feminism ;)

congrats babe! :band: :drink: for she's a jolly good jester, for she's a gooly good jessster!! :-

Embarassing pics are almost a given with me, I promise.. :D

I'm hoping I might magically come into some money before training day so I can make this outfit and show up in costume. :shifty:

Right now I'm waiting on a $32 paycheck from an old job but I need $20 up front for the non-jester uniform that I'd wear offstage.

Brilliant News - Have Fun Make Money and Do Some Good.

Man, what better costume than a pirate! Good Luck LF, and make sure to post some pics! Canbt wait to see the new design! :)

Yay!! I'm quite sure that its not a big surprise to any of us that you got the job actually ... but I'm still really happy for you!!! You might actually go down in history books ;)

Hope you enjoy it there hon ... and hurry up with those costumes!

Littlefishie Good job , That is a dream job !!!!! I'm happy for you.At some point
on another thread you said you would beat up tourist that tossed garbage in the tanks so now you are in a much better place to do that than sitting in a box by the parking lot :rofl:
Much much better use of your talent.

Picanuttalli since this is a family site I'll only saycan you imagine the 6 foot guys thoughts?????????? haha way to use it Little fishie

Most reactions

trending

Back