Ideas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kellz

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking into what fish to go for in our 110ltr tank

We currently have 2 platys and 6 neons and want to research before we get any more.

I like the below but we are unsure.

Stone sucker *2 only grows to 5 cm
Electric Blue Johannii, Blue Mbuna
Angel Fish
Discus
Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlid

Any ideas and suggestions woould be greatly appreciated.

PH is 7.5-8.

Ok so no to that one then......

I am afriad not..... kinda liek a plec thing, looks kinda like this
http://www.savalli.us/BIO370/Diversity/04.OsteichthyesImages/BorneoSuckerL.jpg

Ah, a butterfly/chinese hillstream loach perhaps? Beaufortia kweichowensis is the latin.
sewellia%20lineolata.jpg

Tank is too small for discus. And unless it's at least 15" tall (18" pref) it wont be tall enough for angels

pH isn't ideal for cockatoos but they should adapt, it's unlikely they'll ever be able to breed in your water though.

Yes, they do look like that! And going by my ruler at my desk the tank is at least 15". Are there any types of angels that dont get really big?

Any other ideas?

Hi,

All angels normally reach 7-8" in height when kept in correct conditions so the tank needs to be 15" of water not just 15" high. I'm guessing you will have about 1-2" of gravel / sand and water will be filled about 1" short at top of tank so the tank itself would need to be 18" tall for angels.

As mentioned, tank isnt big enough for discus and they are incredibly hard fish to keep as they need very secific conditions, if you are a beginner then I certainly wouldnt even consider these

Are you still in a fish-in cycle as suggested on your other thread? if so then you dont want to be adding any other fish yet as this will make it even worse.

Andy

Hi,

Thanks for this. No plans on adding any other fish for at least another 2-3 weeks. The filter that we had was broken so are now waiting to get the all clear on that as i am guessing the tank is going to go through some kind of cycle again!

Just looking at what we can get and what would go well with each other. I would like to have it planned so we also know which fish to add first and last etc..

Most reactions

trending

Back