Ideas Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would marinade in honey, hoi-sin sauce, soy sauce and orange juice, then grill.

well that finished that thread! lol

BBQ.

dont tell me its winter, it doesnt matter.

Feed to the dog, he'll never forget it :)

I do pork in the slow cooker in cider. :drool:

I also slice it fine, coat in sauce made with 1tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp wine, 1tsp brown sugar, 1tsp salt and 1tbsp flour, then fry in butter. Remove from pan, cook an onion in butter til soft, add finely chopped mushrooms, skinned and chopped tomatoes, cooked peas and the pork and cook for 10 minutes. Serve on a bed of noodles. :nod:

I know it says pork fillets, but works just as well with chops, & steaks
One of my favourite pork dishes
Maple glazed pork with roasted garlic and olive oil mash

1 large bulb of garlic
3 x 175-200g large potatoes
3 x 200g pork fillets, trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 sprig of rosemary, chopped

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (fan 180 degrees C).

Wrap the unpeeled garlic in foil and roast for about 40 minutes until soft. While this is cooking, move on to peeling the potatoes. Cut them into equal-sized pieces, cover with cold salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes until going soft and cooked through, then drain.

When the garlic is cooked, slice off the top of the bulk carefully with a sharp knife and squeeze the garlic into the potatoes, then mash with the olive oil, salt and pepper.

Mix together the maple syrup, soy sauce and rosemary in a bowl. Coat each pork fillet in this mixture. Heat up a frying pan until very hot and brown the fillets on each side for about 6 to 8 minutes, really caramelizing them and getting a good colour all over, then finish in the oven for about 5 minutes. The timing will depend on how big the fillets are. Don't overcook them as there is very little fat on a fillet and it can dry out quickly.

Finally, gently heat the mash and serve with slices of the pork about 5 to 8mm thic and some lovely French beans or broccoli.

i forgot to get it out of the freezer! oh well, tomorrow tomorrow... :) loving the suggestions, think the other half would go for the cider option... as for the dog she has a 1/2 and 1/2 raw meat and dry food diet so she gets enough fine dining already!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back