Id On Pleco Species

fatmrak315

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
being offered these pleco, but need to know the species to know if they will get too big for my tank.

pleco 1

DSC00572.jpg

pleco 2

DSC00566.jpg

thank you.

post this in the pleco section but not having much luck on response so posting here in hope of an answer.

There both common plecostomus. they will grow in exess of 2ft

Commons can but more around 18 inch being the biggest and gibbiceps being the 2ft mark in aquaria

Commons can but more around 18 inch being the biggest and gibbiceps being the 2ft mark in aquaria

Quite true. both big fish that both need a very large tank. do you think the bottom pic is a sailfin

Quite true. both big fish that both need a very large tank. do you think the bottom pic is a sailfin
defo not a sailfin just a common.

i would rehome them and save a lot a cleaning up poo and strain on the bioload ;)

It has a large fin admittedly (although not a sailfins characteristic fin shape) and the colour and head shape point to a common plec so I'd say you were right with the common

Bae

Not solid proof no the biggest one i have ever seen was bordering on the 15 inch mark at a quess. y do you ask?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back