Hi, iam brand new to this forum
I have 5 Tiger barbs and 3 platys, all the barbs has ick (white spots on all thier fins) the platys seem to look okay, in a 5 gallon tank.
I have read different articals on salt water treatments but iam kind of "stumped", their instuctions aren't very clear. They say to raise temp. to at least 86.5 degrees and add 2 tablespoons of salt per 5 gallons.
The question i have is do i add 2 tablespoons salt every day or just a one time thing to the water? It would seem adding it every day would build up the salinity to high and kill my little friends.
Any advice would help alot, Thanks http
/www.fishforums.net/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif
I have 5 Tiger barbs and 3 platys, all the barbs has ick (white spots on all thier fins) the platys seem to look okay, in a 5 gallon tank.
I have read different articals on salt water treatments but iam kind of "stumped", their instuctions aren't very clear. They say to raise temp. to at least 86.5 degrees and add 2 tablespoons of salt per 5 gallons.
The question i have is do i add 2 tablespoons salt every day or just a one time thing to the water? It would seem adding it every day would build up the salinity to high and kill my little friends.
Any advice would help alot, Thanks http
/www.fishforums.net/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif







