Ich

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Synastic

Fish Addict
Reaction score
When a Betta catches ich, how long does it normally take for it to be gone? I know... I know... there are many factors taken into account(Lets say all the procedures have been done), but whats an average timeline? Thanx

Never mind, my betta is getting over it. I will write what happen for future reference.
MALE CROWNTAIL BETTA

Day1: He started to get ich. I didn't know what it was, thought it was part of him.
Day2: 3 Days later I realized it wasn't part of him. He went 3 days without treatment. He was swimming moderate (He is normally spunky).
-I bought treatment and Applied it. Product: Super Ick Cure by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Day3: He was very antsy every few hours, kept trying to get the ick off him by rubbing up on the rocks.
Day4: Didn't do much moving just feed him came up and ate. He had a big out break on this day. Towards the end of the day he had lots of energy kept flaring at his female neighbor, she was very impressed.
Day5: Today he doesn't really have alot of ich he only has from a scale of 1-5 he has 1.5. He is really spunky, but gets tried out, takes it easy for a while and then starts swimming again.
Day6: YAHOO, he is ich free. He still has like one or two. He is full of energy, but he still gets tired out.

What I did: Applied med everyday, Did water changes everyday (would clean his jar with hot water and net.) I had no heater, so people that don't not to worry too much. I left him next to the the other bettas (female) just to boast his sprit. Also watched him closely.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back