Ich

sic0198

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have some Ich right now in my aquarium.. My fish have been dieing at a rate of 1 or 2 fish a day. I have an rainbowfish, an angel and a german blue ram cichlid and a BGK. The BGK I was housing in my aquarium for a friend, but he saw the disease on it and he left him with me (he didn't want a diseased fish (I can't really blame him). So now I have a diseased bgk. Anyway I have been treating them, but I have lost the fight I'm afraid. I have a 10 gallon that I could put the angel, blue ram and rainbow fish into as a quarintine deal, but the BGK is dying slowly but surely, it hasn't kicked the buccket yet... I just hate to give up on it.

But would it be a good idea to move the other fish into the 10 gallon? It would be only for a few days, but a 10 is way to little for those fish. It'd be maybe for 3 or 4 days. Would there be any problems with doing that? Oh and the BGK I'm thinking of getting a big fish bowl to use as a quarantine tank, the prognosis doesn't look good So would all this work.

I'm afraid this is inhumane, I really like these fish, I don't know what to do.

Oh my aquarium I'm gonna do a 100% water change, get new substrate the works and hopefully get rid of this ich. What else should can I do?
 
You would be better off treating the tank with a anti whitespot med rather than doing everything from start..
 
I agree with steady.
You need to raise temp to 30.
Increase aeration in the tank with the high temp and med.
Remove black carbon from the filter if you use it.
Read the whitespot meds instructions carefully to see if you half dose with scalesss fish.
http://www.skepticalaquarist.com/docs/health/ich.shtml
 
Wait a min. are you saying keep the fish in the tank and raise it 30 deg, it's about 76 78 degrees now. That'd be like 106 110 degrees can the fish take that?

Or do you mean after they die then raise the temp up and medicate it.. How do I do this? How do I increase aeration.
 
You would be better off treating the tank with a anti whitespot med rather than doing everything from start..


What if the ich stays in the tank, wouldn't it spread to my new fish (if I get any)?
 
Wait a min. are you saying keep the fish in the tank and raise it 30 deg, it's about 76 78 degrees now. That'd be like 106 110 degrees can the fish take that?

Or do you mean after they die then raise the temp up and medicate it.. How do I do this? How do I increase aeration.

I think he means raise the temperature to 30 degress celsius...which is about 86 degress farenheit. :X
 
You would be better off treating the tank with a anti whitespot med rather than doing everything from start..


What if the ich stays in the tank, wouldn't it spread to my new fish (if I get any)?
If a fish in a tank has ich then the all the fish in the tank should be considered infected. Moving the fish that seem to be fine to another tank just makes it likely that second tank will have ich as well as the first.

What have you been treating the tank with?
 
I've been treating it with some stuff called Super ICK Cure, I bought it from petland, it's in a blue bottle. It's a 29 gal. We also bought some stuff called cycle.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top