Ian's 80Cm (Hc Gone, Moss Added)

Gutted about the Pencils Ian!

Possible replacement? Columbian Tetra's? Are they jumpers? Don't know what else you've got in there so compatability not taken into account. I just remember them from George Farmer's jungle scape a few months back, they looked great in that!

James.

i think you'd be fine James if the tank has a roof.

Columbians get a little big for my liking, although they look great!

heres some pics of the HC

here's some pics

grhc.jpg

grhc2.jpg

there is some new growth

grhc3.jpg

grhc4.jpg

i just have a feeling i'm not going to win this battle.

Why? It looks great! It has grown a lot I think ian. Love the substrate and the bright green.

Apart from being a little leggy (which i would expect for while untill trimmed a couple of times) it's looking nice and healthy mate... once trimmed a few times i would expect a little more growth. Fingers crossed for you :)

Strange mate, it might pick up, hope so anyway, the size of the granules in your florabase look huge mate I have to get a decent camera lol.

I have upped the photoperiod (7 hours) and the gas, and i think we have take off!

Thanks for the advice guys.

yes1.jpg

the moss is also taking off

yes2.jpg

FTS (strange exposure)

yes3.jpg

also, a group of Gouramis have been added.

Hc looks good Ian, and I love the contrast of the yellow gouramis against the green/red plants, it's great! :good:

thanks Minnt, yes they are Honeys. There is 5 in there at the moment. I might add 2 more, i don't know yet. There is 1 male and four females.

Cheers Caz, the colours are nice (if i say so myself), and with the red from the A. rosefolia, it adds something a little different.

Honey gourami with those sofa cushions? Pushing the boundary with the wifes lounge deco? :lol:

On a serious note its very interesting to see your variable results under different lighting

Cheers Caz, the colours are nice (if i say so myself), and with the red from the A. rosefolia, it adds something a little different.
It really does! And it's really nice to see your A.rosefolia doing well and staying red... mine didn't and I got fed up with it and banned it this week :rolleyes:

@ Minnt, there was 2 Pencils left in the end, so they went back to MA. I might as well have just set fire to my money.

@ ZZ, we have a hint of yellow on the fireplace, so alls good ;) and re the lighting, it nice not to see any Diatoms or anything yet. At least it's starting to move a bit now lol.

@ Caz, it's got good flow around it and i'm also dosing ADA ECA, which IMO has helped keep it red.

Good to see that the HC has started to kick into gear mate, the gouramis look great. But so would those lovely rams of yours ;)

LP

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back