Ian's 80Cm (Hc Gone, Moss Added)

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
After much deliberation i have decided to sell my corner tank. I had no problems with the tank, however, it was a pain to maintain as it was so tall, there was only one or two scapes that worked in a corner tank. The corner tank sold very quickly to someone who was going marine.

I did want to try an Optiwhite tank. The price put me off though and TGM or other places didn't offer delivery. Well, they did but it was for the price of a pallet and that also worked out very expensive. There is only so far the wife will go to accommodate my hobby!

After chatting at my local LFS (The Aquarium, Lincoln), i didn't realise that the Ehiem tanks were rimless, they don't have clear seals, but i can live with that. So i ended up buying an Ehiem scuberline tank and stand. They have the non bang hinges on the doors which is ace!

I have also bought Arcadia Luminaire, it's running T8's, which i'm quite happy with TBH. I'm really not into throwing shed loads of light over a tank.

Wish me luck! The plants and soil is coming tomorrow.

newtank2-1.jpg

thanks guys, i have been studying Amanos aqua journals over that week or 12!

Good Luck Ian, so will this be the main thread on the tank ?

LP

Looking good mate, very crisp!

What happened to all the old planted substrate?

Did the fish go to?

And I prefer t8 lighting, I had very good results with mine.

Good Luck Ian, so will this be the main thread on the tank ?

yes mate, and thank you. I have some plants coming today, and substrate, and no children for the day. :good:

Looking good mate, very crisp!

What happened to all the old planted substrate?

Did the fish go to?

And I prefer t8 lighting, I had very good results with mine.

Thanks Minnt, i have 2x 7500k bulbs over it and i really like em. I have 2x9000k over the trigon and i thought that was crisp, but this looks even more so.

The old substrate went with the tank.

The fish are in my LFS at the moment. I want to keep hold Gold Rams, but i have given the rest away to the LFS.

Yeah i have 2x 25w T8's over the tank...now come the challenge, i'm planning on another HC carpet. I'm pretty confident that it will do under T8's, i did it under 1wpg before. We'll see lol!

Again good luck Ian, i am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. And no kids for the day soooooo lucky.

LP

will this require a lounge furniture reshuffle or will it fit snugly into the vacant space from the trigon?

.....will you still have a nice place to view it from?

Not been here for a while and my have things changed.... Ian with a RECTANGLE tank lol..... look forward to seeing it progress mate :good: .

will this require a lounge furniture reshuffle or will it fit snugly into the vacant space from the trigon?

.....will you still have a nice place to view it from?

Cheers ZZ, it fit nicely where the Trigon was and i have the best seat in the house to view it. :shifty:

Planted substrate and marine?

he wanted the gravel leaving in. He was undecided when he came round what he wanted to do with it. When we delivered it, he'd decided on marine. Saved me a job.

Not been here for a while and my have things changed.... Ian with a RECTANGLE tank lol..... look forward to seeing it progress mate

good to see ya Jake, and cheers mate.

well, it's been a good day...here's how it went.

It started with a trip to Sainsbury's where i picked up this...
kasabian1.jpg

there best album since the first one, well worth a purchase!

The substrate arrived
kasabian2.jpg

The subtrate entered the tank
kasabian3.jpg

nice and deep.

Then i spent a couple of hours messing with hardscape and finally decided on this one
kasabian4.jpg

It's now fully planted, i'll get some pics up later. I very happy with the way it's turned out.

Looks great so far Ian, look forward to more piccies.

I just love the wood, what type is it mate ?

LP

You don't mess about when it comes to making big changes to your set-up!

Looking very good so far, the tank itself looks classy and the hardscape looks great as usual. Have you used anything to hold the slope in the substrate? Be interesting to see how it holds up.

So all the Cardinals given away? What's going in with the rams?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back