I went for a walk

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I went for a walk today down to the river below the bluffs where I live and along the river trail. I had hoped to get some pictures of the Canadian Geese and the ducks that are in the park and boat landing but there was so many people there the wild life was gone. Here are some pictures I did take from along the trail. The river is very high and we have had way more rain than normal. The first picture is of the stream that comes out of the woods into the river. It is 5-6 feet deep, Normally it is a foot or two. Next is a bench me and my wife like to sit on, it is in the water. Then the next one is looking up river. Hope you like them.

Attachments

• GEDC1381.JPG
    GEDC1381.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
  • GEDC1383.JPG
    GEDC1383.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
  • GEDC1384.JPG
    GEDC1384.JPG
    841.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I do have to walk down and back up a steep hill to get to the river. In fact I have to go down a steep hill on 3 sides of where I live and the river is at the bottom on all 3 sides. It wraps around the bluff/big hill where I live. It is only somewhat flat north of me

I do have to walk down and back up a steep hill to get to the river. In fact I have to go down a steep hill on 3 sides of where I live and the river is at the bottom on all 3 sides. It wraps around the bluff/big hill where I live. It is only somewhat flat north of me
To get somewhere (if my mom wants), car has to be used :/

Not much close to me, I like to ride my bike but the hills are too steep to peddle up. If I go west or north it soon pretty much turns into country roads with gravel shoulders. Due to the river going south there is only a highway bridge to cross with large long hills to peddle up. So I have to go north and clear the steep hills east of me before I can go east which is nice riding once I clear all the ravines and hills.

Last edited:
Great photos. I have a river just a short walk from my house . I used to go Kayaking and fishing on the river.
I have been thinking of getting a kayak, I could carry it down to the boat ramp, they just built a kayak and canoe dock where you can climb in and launch yourself into the river.

I downloaded a few more pictures off my camera, looking up river, looking down river and across the river at where there is another trail but it is underwater now. Two parts of the trail on my side of the river were also under water an inch or two. I replaced a photo since I had it up twice, I added the boat landing. The railroad bridge is hardly used now.

Attachments

• GEDC1385.JPG
    GEDC1385.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
  • GEDC1389.JPG
    GEDC1389.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • GEDC1390.JPG
    GEDC1390.JPG
    838.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Water was up but nice pics!
It is very high, usually it is several feet lower this time of year. Some of the trails are flooded, there were minnows swimming across the north trail I was on. Both trails run into town and then start again along the lake, It is a very nice trail system that they paved.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back