I thinks he's dying

stu_wabc

Reaction score
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I think my bristlenose plec is on his way out he was floating the wrong way up but he's still alive at the mo but I don't think he will last the night, any advise plz :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

What are the water parameteres of your tank like?
It sounds like a internal bacteria infection (usually caused by poor water quality), keep the lights off to relieve any stress and add a treatment which deals with internal bacteria problems, if you are in the UK Interpet number 9 is the best treatment for this IMO.

thanks for the advice water its prefect I have notice a small bold spot on the bottom of him I havent got number 9 and I dont know how long hes had it as they r not much of a mover anyway. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Iiii have verysad news :sad: :-( :-( :-( :-( :sad: :sad: my plechas now pass away this is very strange as my water is prefect and every other fish is very healthy and now Iwill get sold a different type of plec if I go to myfish shop as he was selling that plec as a marble plec. :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:

Well was ur pleco eating??? cause a while back i had a bristlenose pleco and he looked great at first but found out a week l8r he was not eating enough and 2 day's l8r he died :/ but it seems the pleco i got now prefers real algea over the fake stuff

D

Dman said:
Well was ur pleco eating??? cause a while back i had a bristlenose pleco and he looked great at first but found out a week l8r he was not eating enough and 2 day's l8r he died :/ but it seems the pleco i got now prefers real algea over the fake stuff

D
It is highly unlikely your pleco died of starvation - they can literally go weeks without food. They're cold blooded, you see, so don't need much energy from food to survive.

However, plecos are very sensitive to ammonia or nitrite in your water (a problem particularly if your tank isn't cycled) and to low oxygen levels (which was an issue this summer in many parts of the world).

Lack of oxygen or poisoning are the most likely causes of your pleco's death.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back