I think I may have MTS

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You got trouble....right here in River City!
Is a fishkeeper with MTS like a cat lady?
I heard there was a 12 step program....works for some, not for others.
Can you even afford therapy? Divorce?
Just say NO!
Time heals all wounds.
When the pocketbook and the belly are empty, there will be more used tanks for sale on Craig's List!
Good Luck.
:dunno:

32 litres altogether (it would be perfect if it was a bit bigger but it does mean it fits on the only free surface I could make), the dividers are black plastic with gaps at the top and bottom for water flow but the soil covers the bottom one. Filter is behind the left hand tank and the pump is behind the right hand one so the water circulates through. It was £99.99 and one of the Bettas and the old filter media included so works out to £87.99 with filter, light and heater included as well.
My other Betta has a 5 gallon that he shares with the shrimp.
So that makes each little tank a little less than 3 gallons. Am I correct? Who is the tank made by?

You got trouble....right here in River City!
Is a fishkeeper with MTS like a cat lady?
I heard there was a 12 step program....works for some, not for others.
Can you even afford therapy? Divorce?
Just say NO!
Time heals all wounds.
When the pocketbook and the belly are empty, there will be more used tanks for sale on Craig's List!
Good Luck.
:dunno:
My issue is space. I just need more space!

Somewhere between 2 and 3 gallons, more towards the 2 gallon mark I reckon which does not mean in the slightest that I'm playing a long game here and going to use it as an excuse to get 3 more 5 gallon tanks at some point with the argument they need an upgrade. Nope not in the slightest. It's an Aqua one Betta trio, if it was slightly bigger than I'd say it was perfect.
Space for tanks is the reason I've upgraded my house buying plans to a 3 bed house, now I just have to save hard for the deposit.

My issue is space. I just need more space!
SPACE, the final frontier....
I guess with more tanks I could expand the breeding operation and do more line breeding, etc. Then again, a large 125g or 200+ planted display tank in the living room could be very cool. :)

Edit: Actually what would be really nice is a real designed fish room - what I have is adhoc/make do, grow as you go in a corner of the unheated basement.

Last edited:
Oh no, I sat in my front room last night and figured it all out. If I leave my 55 and 45G’s in the family room I can move all of my other tanks into the front bedroom and still keep the bed (twin size). I can then set my 29G back up as my Angel tank and still have room for my other 5G and 2 more 10G’s. I can then add 3 more bettas along with the Angels. One stand will be double shelved. I think that is quite enough. Now to my move or stay???

Actually, I had to laugh last night. I was looking at pics of different peoples “Fish rooms”. Some simply had a number of tanks in their main living room. I then realized I already have a fish room. I can sit on my sofa and easily look at 7 tanks. If I make the front room a fish room it will only be for more space. I can then easily have 12-14 tanks. Some only betta tanks though. Decisions, decisions.

Can you have too many fish tanks? Maybe... but I haven’t reached that number yet. :rofl:

I have a tank in the office that I just mess with my husband with. He used to complain it was setup and empty so I put a nerite snail in the tank, and I move stuff around in it periodically. One time I wrote red rum in the algae on the glass closest to his desk and told him the snail did it. Eventually I will do something with this tank, but for now I’m just taking my time and having some fun.

It depends on who you ask....I think my wife thinks two is one too many! :-(
(I have 7)
Sigh! My wife keeps referring to our house as the fish house - and I only have 3! (oh and of course the pond).
I haven't been brave enough to break the news that the 3rd one is not a temporary emergency tank :rofl:, all the while wondering how I am going to sneak in another tank for some shell dwellers.

Last edited:
I think you get to too many when you can no longer care for them properly. As long as you can keep up with their needs then who is anyone else to judge? My family calls me “the crazy fish lady”. That’s OK, better than just being called flat “crazy”!

Last edited:
I broke my record tonight. Most know that Monday is tank day for me but going out with one of my daughter’s in morning. So decided to clean tonight. Did 6 tanks, including vacuuming, cleaning filter media, scraping sides and 75% w/c’s in 2 hours. Never stopped. Oh, also boiled more IAL and alder cone tannins. Only have one 20 long and the pond tomorrow now. Woo hoo! By the way, who recommended the alder cones to me? I love them! So much darker tannins and same benefits as the IAL’s! Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back