I think I may have MTS

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This is number 2, when he's out and about he looks like a watercolour painting.
20190917_200550.jpg

The 3rd one is proving very hard to photograph, he's a dark copper colour and when the light hits him you get some beautiful iridescent colours. They seem to have all settled down now after the water change which is good.

This is the best I've gotten so far that will upload.
20190917_211648.jpg

My other Betta in his 5g with one of the shrimp and the second of the new ones again.
20190917_211915.jpg
20190917_211715.jpg

I love the blackish red Betta.

I love him, he was the last one chosen because when I was picking them out, from some angles in the shop lighting, he looked a bit dull then as I was looking he turned and caught the light and all the colour stood out.

That said I could have happily bought several more tanks and brought home a lot more of them, it was very hard picking just 3. They also had some beautiful female Bettas and if I hadn't already decided what was going in my 110 litre tank I think some of them may have found their way in there.

They are all beautiful!

Thank you! I'm very happy with them. I do love Bettas and the colours you can get now are amazing. All I remember seeing when I was a kid was reds, blue and red and very occasionally ones with a flesh coloured body and that was it. Now there's all these colours and fin types and it makes it very hard to choose.

So still getting ammonia spikes but mainly in the right hand tank which has the white one in. The left hand one with the white and red registers marginal rises in ammonia when the right hand one shows quite high ammonia so I will keep on with the big water changes. I've brought down some floating plants from my big tank to help out and I'll just keep monitoring them until everything stabilises.

Your Bettas are beautiful! I got my first tank in January and am up to 8. I am definitely obsessed. I have Betttas, neons, cardinals, Blue Hawaiian Moscow guppies, community guppies, dwarf gouramis, peacock gudgeons, pygmy spotted rasboras, corys (Emerald, dwarf and pygmy), loaches (Kuhlis and Golden Zebra), otos, shrimp, and snails. Six tanks are planted and stocked, 2 being refurbished. I love aquascaping! I have a waterfall planned for my 55 gallon which is the last one I will be getting cycled. Did I mention I live in an upstairs apartment and found out the lease does not allow fish tanks? hmmm.....
The 40 breeder is sitting on my coffee table with new seals curing, which made me realize how cool it would be to build a low stand for it and have it right there. Who needs a coffee table? I picked up the 2x4s yesterday! MTS? No question!

aw-oh... so what are you going to do at inspection time?
Well, I have had one inspection in 4 years, the last being last year. If they do another one, I will follow the lead of the marijuana growers and just drape everything so it cannot be seen, turn it off during the 20 minutes they are here. .
I am also working on getting a house out in the country so I can have goats and chickens as well as all my little fin-kids.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back