I So Wana Go Here

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

atmmachine816

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
here

I wana go here, is the nices fish store by me that I have found, working on convincing the parents to take me there.

Austin

I just found a care sheet on how to keep a Gold Fish in a bowl! It may be a nice store but that is a big NO! Why would a store that is this big with as much training as they say they have tell people this is OK?

oh yeah that place has trained it's staff well
All newly set-up aquariums must go through a filter conditioning process in order to sustain fish life (see our “New Tank Water Conditions” tip sheet). It will take the water approximately 4-6 weeks to condition, during which time only a small number of fish can be added to the tank. Once the aquarium has been set up and running for a minimum of 24 hours, six (6) 1.50 inch fish per 10 gallons of water can be safely introduced. Over the next several weeks when the water quality tests of Ammonia and Nitrite reach zero, more fish species can be added.
taken from http://www.aquariumadventure.com/tipsheet01.htm

i kno fishless cycling isnt the preferred way but people have done it and kept there fish alive and healthy.

surely aslong as you keep the levels down then the fish will be ok?

I rather think The-Wolf's point was that six 1.5 inch fish per 10 gallons can hardly be viewed as keeping the numbers down; that is almost the full recommended maximum stocking. To cycle with fish you need something in the region of 1 inch of fish/5 gallons- that is, more like one 1.5 inch fish. We none of us expect lfs to to know about fishless cycling- but why shouldn't we expect them to be able to do a bit of basic maths?

Most reactions

trending

Back