I saw some ducks while walking today

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Messages
6,296
Reaction score
6,841
Points
113
Location
north woods
I was out again today on the other side of the river and took some more pictures, Here a few of some ducks and their young. The flooding is bad along the tails on this side of the river.
 

Attachments

  • GEDC1394.webp
    GEDC1394.webp
    825.9 KB · Views: 176
  • GEDC1395.webp
    GEDC1395.webp
    485.8 KB · Views: 243
  • GEDC1396.webp
    GEDC1396.webp
    1 MB · Views: 174
  • GEDC1397.webp
    GEDC1397.webp
    611.4 KB · Views: 202
It was fun to watch them, there were 2 ducklings following the mother and father. I kept my distance so I would not scare them but they came within 10 feet before heading away from me.
I love birds as much as I love fish. Birds are really fun to watch and quite intelligent animals, I love to watch them upclose whenever I see one and if it lets me get close enough. Once a sparrow let me come close, I was 2 feet only away from him, and get a little spooked but stood still and was just looking at me.

Fun fact of the day:

There are parrots who escaped from their owners into park in London and live like normal everyday birds. I saw couple of them.
 
Thats cool. I love to see ducks grow up.
 
I love birds as much as I love fish. Birds are really fun to watch and quite intelligent animals, I love to watch them upclose whenever I see one and if it lets me get close enough. Once a sparrow let me come close, I was 2 feet only away from him, and get a little spooked but stood still and was just looking at me.

Fun fact of the day:

There are parrots who escaped from their owners into park in London and live like normal everyday birds. I saw couple of them.
There is a flock of green parrots about 20-25 that I have seen several times over the years that lives in a small woods. I always wonder if they fly south for the winter or not.
 
Last edited:

Most reactions

Back
Top