I QUIT!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Dont hang around other smokers or places where you know people will smoke

That one will be an issue. The only people we socialize with are my family and they all smoke. Shocker that I started smoking, huh? I'm doing this for more than me. For instance, when our daughter says she wants to roll my smokes, that bothers me. She sees it as a cool thing. I'd rather her and her brother be around it as little as possible. I never want to see them start.

I quit about 5 years ago now. Cold turkey. First two weeks was **** and I was very moody. After that it was ok. You can do it! Just take it a day at a time. I found it helpful when I would normally have a smoke or smoke break, I'd just go outside and sit and chat or text or walk. Just to have the physical break I was used to.

You got this :thumbs:

Very good choice on stopping... cigars are very bad for you, and can do a lot of bad stuff to your body.

It is going to be very hard... my uncle used to smoke - he got through it with nicorette and lollypops. Whenever he felt like he needed a smoke, he would pop a couple of nicorettes in his mouth, and then get a lollypop. He said the lollypop helped almost as much as the nicorette.

Hopefully, you can get past this! The best of luck to you. :friends: :drinks:

That one will be an issue. The only people we socialize with are my family and they all smoke. Shocker that I started smoking, huh? I'm doing this for more than me. For instance, when our daughter says she wants to roll my smokes, that bothers me. She sees it as a cool thing. I'd rather her and her brother be around it as little as possible. I never want to see them start.
Yeah its toughbwhen family smoke as well. Try talking to them asking if they would be willing to go on your stop smoking journey with you, strength in numbers, or if they arent willing to do that ask if they will at least try to not smoke around you to help you in your efforts in not smoking. Understandable that you dont want your kids to smoke, and while those you care about can be a great motivator the best motivation is to stop for your self, so you can be there for them! Keep on keepin on!

ZYN* 6mg, several flavors.
look it up to help you with the cravings.
Your brain doesnt really give a hoot about the tobacco.
It wants the nicotine...that's where the need comes from in your brain Is for nicotine, this stuff helped me quit chewing grizzly wintergreen and I will eventually end up off of zyn as well.

So, how’s it going ?

Better than expected. I started to feel a bit like a word I'm probably not allowed to say on here and I don't want to act like that word around my kiddos, so I picked up a pack of those Zyn dealios that were recommended by @JBAwrench . That took the edge off, but holy cow those first few minutes burn! I've used nicotine gum before when on a very long flight and it burned as well. It mellowed out after a few minutes.

I've been doing all sorts of little random tasks to keep busy from playing guitar to lifting weights to cleaning out our shed to wiping the tanks down excessively and even sitting on the floor for an hour deconstructing a couple plastic ornamental grass bundles from a craft store I found in the shed to make "faux valisneria" for one of the tanks. I probably looked like a druggy doing that one.

Thanks for all the support! Anyone else want to join me on my quest for a cleaner lifestyle?

20200809_145801.jpg

Better than expected. I started to feel a bit like a word I'm probably not allowed to say on here and I don't want to act like that word around my kiddos, so I picked up a pack of those Zyn dealios that were recommended by @JBAwrench . That took the edge off, but holy cow those first few minutes burn! I've used nicotine gum before when on a very long flight and it burned as well. It mellowed out after a few minutes.

I've been doing all sorts of little random tasks to keep busy from playing guitar to lifting weights to cleaning out our shed to wiping the tanks down excessively and even sitting on the floor for an hour deconstructing a couple plastic ornamental grass bundles from a craft store I found in the shed to make "faux valisneria" for one of the tanks. I probably looked like a druggy doing that one.

Thanks for all the support! Anyone else want to join me on my quest for a cleaner lifestyle?

View attachment 112310
Good for you man! , you are the 3rd person I have got to help quit smoking by recommending these.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back