MermaidMel
Official Forum Weirdo Detective
- Joined
- Jul 14, 2007
- Messages
- 3,972
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
I am restocking my 50 gallon corner tank
I had an idea of increasing my panda cory shoal from 3 to 8 and I've always wanted to try keeping keyhole cichlids, so maybe get 5 juvies, I think the colours of the pandas with the keyholes will compliment each other well and also would be a peaceful community
The substrate at the mo is yellow sand and the flow of the water from the spraybar constantly sweeps it all to one corner, I use a spraybar to agitate the water's surface for my bottom dwellers, so not sure if I should remove the spraybar and see if the sweeping lessens or not? I kinda need to keep sand for my cories, but how can I stop it sweeping to one corner?
I am also wondering what else to keep in the tank, given I have kept every kind of peaceful fish there is and got bored of all of them!!! I have another tank stocked with congo tetra and black neons, I love those fish but don't want any more of them in my 50 gallon
Does anyone have some ideas for this restock/rescape please?
I had an idea of increasing my panda cory shoal from 3 to 8 and I've always wanted to try keeping keyhole cichlids, so maybe get 5 juvies, I think the colours of the pandas with the keyholes will compliment each other well and also would be a peaceful community
The substrate at the mo is yellow sand and the flow of the water from the spraybar constantly sweeps it all to one corner, I use a spraybar to agitate the water's surface for my bottom dwellers, so not sure if I should remove the spraybar and see if the sweeping lessens or not? I kinda need to keep sand for my cories, but how can I stop it sweeping to one corner?
I am also wondering what else to keep in the tank, given I have kept every kind of peaceful fish there is and got bored of all of them!!! I have another tank stocked with congo tetra and black neons, I love those fish but don't want any more of them in my 50 gallon
Does anyone have some ideas for this restock/rescape please?







