i need help diagnosing my betta!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

cwolf02

Reaction score
my koi betta has a bump at the base of his pectoral fin. heā€™s had it for a while, and it was a non issue. but recently heā€™s become slightly bloated, his fins clamped, seems very stressed, and he struggles to swim because itā€™s gotten larger. he can hardly move that pectoral fin. does it look like a tumor? or could it be something else? what should i do to try and help him? it breaks my heart to see him stressed and sick.
A6F14302-C622-4C27-8A35-F91ED04863FC.jpeg

The fish seems to have fin rot, a tumor, and maybe fin clamp. Its not looking good, sorry. @Colin_T May have some advice.

I see some scales sticking out of the fish. Am I right?
If yes, its most likely dropsy and not a tumor. Fish could still live for some time with a tumor. If its dropsy, the fish will die and there is no treatment for dropsy, but you can use epsom bath salts to draw liquid out of the fish.

I see some scales sticking out of the fish. Am I right?
If yes, its most likely dropsy and not a tumor. Fish could still live for some time with a tumor. If its dropsy, the fish will die and there is no treatment for dropsy, but you can use epsom bath salts to draw liquid out of the fish.

i think thatā€™s just the picture. when i look at him, i donā€™t see any poneconing. iā€™ve had a betta in the past that had dropsy, and this seems different. he had the bump for a while, but just recently started to cause issues.

The fish seems to have fin rot, a tumor, and maybe fin clamp. Its not looking good, sorry. @Colin_T May have some advice.
yeah i think his fins clamped from the stress of what ever is going on. i havenā€™t noticed any fin rot though? are tumors at all treatable?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back