i need a fix

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Curious for those pictures...

Please bring pictures back!

it's gonna be a good weekend I am going to visit some very good fish keeping Friends. both with fish rooms so I'm sure I come back with some interesting fish
Saturday February 12th, I'll have our quarterly Poecilia meeting. And I've already made some reservations on some wild livebearer species. And a number of our members of our national society made already some reservations on my fish that I will bring along.

Saturday February 12th, I'll have our quarterly Poecilia meeting. And I've already made some reservations on some wild livebearer species. And a number of our members of our national society made already some reservations on my fish that I will bring along.
"Reservations"? Like to buy them? I know, probably a stupid question 😂

in my opinion that's what fishkeeping is all about meeting others that have same interests and gaining more knowledge exchanging fish /information on certain species no matter how experience a fish keeper may be they/we will be always learning about the Hobby . if I was living in your part of the world I too would be going to your Poecilia meeting.
look forward to seeing pics

"Reservations"? Like to buy them? I know, probably a stupid question 😂
Hahaha... :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
Well, in order to be sure that one will get their hands on certain species, reservations are of importance...

As usual it was a great time meeting up with some of my fish keeping friends, my first visit was to a friend quite local from me who breeds many types of fish mainly killifish, he has a fish room/shed where he keeps his killifish and also have larger fish/ tanks all throughout the house there's always something interested to see,

second visit was to meet up with a friend on the Isle of Wight
the quickest way to travel with fish is by red Jet ferry as foot passenger about 3o minutes, I got picked up on the other side and another 3o minutes by car.
when we got there it was a quick look around at his fancy types of goldfish and then off to his main fish room where he keeps about 60 fish tanks
all are run by under gravel filters with well established plants and many species of swordtails and other types of interesting live bearing fish some pics of fish that I come back with
IMG_0013.JPG
'
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG

With the exception of the splitfins in pic#2, the others are also swimming overhere at my place.
I got rid of the Alloophorus robustus. Gave them to a co-breeder who needed some new blood.
So, we've got Ameca splendens, Goodea atripinnis, Xiphophorus pygmaeus and Xiphophorus milleri shown overhere.
So, did you wind up getting these fish?

yes I also got Girardinus metallicus Back chin,
xiphophorus variatus laguna,
xiophophorus-montezumae,
Characodon audax,
the other two species in pics are Chapalichthys peraticus, and Goodea atripinnis, I also keep plenty of tank space for any goodeids when they come available

Chapalichthys peraticus, and Goodea atripinnis
The Chapalichthys peraticus, Chapalichtys pardalis and Ameca splendens have some similarities.

The Xiphophorus variatus la Laguna is one of the more better looking wild platies there is. I've just moved mine over to another tank where they have more space.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back