I made A pond!!!

DrOizo

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a 33 gal preformed liner and dug in my pond yesterday. i've de chlorinated it and put a power head in. Today I'm gonna pick up some plants aswell. But what do I need in the way of filtering? It's quite a small pond so its going be suseptible (sp?) to big nitrite etc levels under a small load isn't it? Also are there any interesting Fish I could keep out there? I already want one or 2 goldfish. any suggestions?
Cheers everyone ;)

I would recommend one of the Bioforces or Ecoclears but there are others like Cyclone, Ecopower and so on...........Now depending on which filter you purchase you may need to buy a pump to run it off, if you purchase a Bioforce for example this likely to be the case.

Some fish suggestions:
Golden Rudd (Scardinius erythrophthalmus)
GoldenRudd.jpg

Golden Minnows (Phoxinus phoxinus)
phoxinus_phoxinus1.jpg

Stone Loach (Nemacheilus barbatus)/Weather Loach (Misgurnus angullicaudatus)/Gudgeon (Gobio gobio).

Stone Loach (Nemacheilus barbatus)
loach.jpg

Weather Loach (Misgurnus angullicaudatus)
weather_l.jpg

Gudgeon (Gobio gobio)
gobiox24.jpg

The only problem being with all these filters is that my pond is a mesley 33 Gallons (damn townhouse) so these sought of pumps would be extreme overkill :lol: I'm going to make a filter instead to attatch to my powerhead ;)

Ok, although there are plenty of small filters on the market that could do the job well. :)

Good luck with your new pond. Just make sure you get a heater.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back