I know I should never buy fish at walmart, but...

gale

Fish Herder
Reaction score
what about petsmart or petco? Are those ok to buy from? Our lfs has a very very limited selection and the other not local fs has just a slightly larger selection.

I've bought all my fish from Petsmart and have had NO PROBLEMS!

Best of all Petsmart has a 2 week return policy on your fish purchase. I had to return 1 corry that was NOT eating and looking too good after 5 days in my tank and they gave me a new one. :)

All you have to do is bring a sample of your tank water and the "sick" fish. If they find that your tank water is okay then they give you a refund. If your water is not good (ammonia, etc....) then I don't think you get a refund.

Exactly. Buy from where the fish are healthy, or if you are a crusader, buy them anyway, fix them and sell them to a real fish store. :p

But, like already said, not all Walmarts are the same, there are bad fish stores everywhere, even the mom and pops stores.....just look for the fish looking healthy with good water conditions and you should be just fine. :)

The problem I have found with Walmart is they are more expensive than either LFS or Petsmart. :( Their prices are outrageous compared to the others. Although I did see a plec I wanted today.... All black............

Hmm...I've heard so many bad things about walmart-mainly that they buy lesser quality fish in order to get them cheaper. Our walmart appears to have fairly clean looking tanks, but the people working there know nothing about fish and would for sure not know what the water quality is as far as tests and such. Last summer we bought goldfish which all died within a week or two, but that was before I knew about cycling and stuff and that's probably why they died. I also heard the same things about Meijer, which is a walmart-like chain.

I don't think the people at petsmart or petco are any more experienced or informed about fish than the ones at walmart or the lfs. :( Thank goodness for the internet, eh?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back