I Just Bought.........

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
5kg of algae wafers lol

I think that should keep me going for a little while.

Who else buys in bulk where they can??

I would like to......... With Indian Almond Leaves. 

I just started buying instant ocean salt mix in bulk :)

I buy dog food in bulk, but I don't think that's what you meant. I get 120 lbs at a time. :p

I would like to get a massive bottle of prime, like five or six gallons, but I don't know if they make it that big. 

attibones said:
I buy dog food in bulk, but I don't think that's what you meant. I get 120 lbs at a time.
tongue2.gif

I would like to get a massive bottle of prime, like five or six gallons, but I don't know if they make it that big. 
i buy my dog food in 40kg lots lol

The biggest liquid prime i have seen here is 2litres........i am actually debating changing over to Safe as it is more cost effective and stores better

I try to avoid buying food in bulk. I buy 16 lbs of cat food at a time, which lasts about a month, which I hope doesn't go stale. Then I buy the little fish foods so I'm feeding them fresh food all the time. I bought a medium can and that lasted a year before I found out that fish food loses all its nutrients in a few months. Then I buy a 50 lb bag of chicken food which lasts a month too.

I'd love to get plant fertilizers in bulk.

I bulk buy all my fish food, and i freeze it all. My fish dont appear to notice any difference, and nor do i in their appearance or behaviours

The last lot of wafers lasted quite a while (as i had a stage with very few plecos) they came out looking exactly the same, smelt the same, the fish reacted to them the same.

Dreamer - can you link in the science behind the fish food losing its goodness please

There have been topics on this here in the past. I'm too lazy and too busy to look them up at the moment. But you can tell by the smell of the food if it's gone stale, even with fish food. Though with chickens they just tell you not to feed food infected with fungus.

DreamertK said:
There have been topics on this here in the past. I'm too lazy and too busy to look them up at the moment. But you can tell by the smell of the food if it's gone stale, even with fish food. Though with chickens they just tell you not to feed food infected with fungus.
Which is why i freeze mine and only leave a small amount out that i am using

Freezing bulk food is what many do....i've been doing it for years

All our animal food is bought in bulk, the fish food comes in vacuum sealed bags to keep them fresh and I use it all before the use by date.

Most reactions

trending

Back