I Have Mts And Need Help

pippoodle

RIP Dear nan 22/03/1925 --11/03/2009
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
3,861
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Devon - UK
I was only having one fish tank and now have the rio 180 and aquaone620 t in my average size front room with the little 30ltr quarentine tankl sat beside the settee

Now i managed to convince hubby to keep the Rekord 60 and he has put that in the kitchen for the kids to have , the good thing about that is i can now get my tanks back sort of to the way i want them and have none of their ornaments in mine :)

I also convinced him that in time i need the 29ltr 18x10x10 on the sideboard in the hallway so i can have a betta (my first one) :) and if i get on with it i know i will set up the elite 21 for another betta

The thing is i am now looking for another tank bigger than the 180 - i want a nice deep one and i know if i get one i wont get rid of the 180 i will put it in the bedroom ---- PLEASE HELP ME my house is being over taken by fishtanks

Is there a cure for MTS as ebay makes it quite cheap to get more tanks

Cheers Sarah xx
 
not you an all :lol:

i was the same when i first started,had 14 tanks running at one time,theres just so much to choose from in the way of fish/tanks/decs/ my family were going ballistic about them
3 in the bedroom 3 in the lounge,in the hallway,kitchen,en-suite,landing,sons room, my garage is full of furntiture that we didnt need,then i got my first oscars,so now i have only 6 tanks running,3 of those for oscars,a community tank, betta,goldfish, think thats it, i have empty tanks sitting everywhere now ( well there just not big enough lol) i even found my self buying small tanks and hiding them in wardrobes etc ( my sons was the best as what teenager do u know that has a need to open one?? )
i think when you eventually got nothing to sit on, or when you cant see the tv for tanks,it`ll be a kick up the bum lol
i took this pic 10 mins before i had to collect the kids from school,after setting up yet another O tank ( was chaos)
001-12.jpg

set a limit and stick to it,( unless of course a real bargain comes up on ebay ) theres no cure just enjoy it, :lol:
you have my sympathy ( remember that if you go spalshing out on toys this xmas, your gonna be taking up precious space!!! )
good luck sarah

shelagh xxxxxx

ps it did return to normality hours and hours later lol
003-5.jpg
( almost there lol )
 
lmao what a cute little boy
We're only in a 2 bed ground floor flat so hopefully reaching my limit - well thats what i told hubby anyway lmao

Good luck - great looking front room there

Sarah xx
 
I bought a 60-litre tank (our first tank) for my wife's birthday a couple of months ago as we thought it would be something nice that we could do together. 2 months later and I'm desperate to get another tank even if it's only very small but we really don't have space for one. I'd love to have another tank to keep a Betta in and I'm currently planning to some day have a 300L+ tank but all I can do at the moment is plan until some day I can either wear my wife down into letting me get another tank or we move into a bigger house!
 
:lol: wearing the wife down is easier than you may think,, believe me i used to be one,leave subtle hints lying about (pics on the fridge,web pages,) look sad for a while till she asks you whats wrong, then tell her you saw this poor little betta at the fish shop,and you know she would love him etc etc.............this works with men,and i reckon if your good it could work on your wife :lol:
and if all else fails, find a car boot sale on saturday morning and allow a new tank ( just a small one mind) to fall into your boot when your not looking ;)
good luck, but i think you can do it :lol:

shelagh xxxx
 
I bided on 6 2x1x1 tanks never thought I would win them at £66 the lot, plus I got another 2 48x18x18 tanks they where bargains came with lights and external filters.
well the wife didn’t know anything about them till I asked her to give a hand to get them out of the van, she was NOT happy.

Thinking of selling some of the small ones to make room for bigger ones lol
 
I don't think there is a cure for MTS but I could be wrong. I haven't bought a new tank all month but last month there were 3. There was the 55 gallon that was just too cheap to pass up with all the kit that came with it. Then there were the 2 10 gallons and I really needed one for my new limia melanogasters. I have 2 tanks fishless cycling right now and am eagerly awaiting the club auction in January because I know they won't be empty after that. The whole idea of a cure for MTS doesn't make sense. Why would you want a cure?
 
Don't panic, Sarah.
I was having a similar problem, as I have 9 of 10 tanks going right now in my room, and as mentioned I've had to move back in with my parents due to physical/medical/income issues, so am rather restricted for space, not to mention a life...
I'm in the process of doing a gradual tank reshuffle so I can get the 2 more I'm officially allowed set up in there, and I thought (with what horror and despair) I didn't have room for more.
However, I have quite a large closet, with an outside light switch and overhead light, not far from outlets which could take a couple more of those multi-plug bars.
Leave the door open, and it's a fishroom.

At the moment, it's still blocked off with a large storage container STILL holding the poor (if vicious) Gold Tetras which need a separate home I can't set up yet, and the closet itself is packed with boxes and bags of stuff I didn't want to have to throw away - but will in a good cause.
But as I (slowly) reorganize, (can't do much at a time, and the daily, continuing round of water-changes and whatnot comes first, for obvious reasons) I hope to get some boards down on the floor in the closet, to spread out the weight, get up some sturdy shelving, or do some of those brick-and-board stands, set up some strip lighting, if the free lights my brother offered me will fit, (can't get in to measure right now) and at least set up some small betta-tanks of 5 or ten gallons in there - unless I can somehow smuggle in some 15's without (much like my teenage years) my parents noticing.
They really can't see why I need more fish...
So you see, you're not really obsessive enough to need help with MTS as long as more room can be found somewhere, and the floor holds.
I'll bet you have lots of closets.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top