I Have Evil Shrimp!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Do they hurt when they go get you? Mine have had several attemps but never managed yet. They will even have a pop through the glass on a bad day!

Do they hurt when they go get you? Mine have had several attemps but never managed yet. They will even have a pop through the glass on a bad day!
ROFL.. you really do have the demon version..lol
The nip was a bit of a shock :blink: and it left a mark on my finger as their claws are quite prickly :hey:
Have you managed to save any of their sheds? lol Ive managed 3 full ones so far :good: Sad I know!!lol I really should go and get a life :lol:
Anyhow there has been a few crustation stand offs in the tank this evening.. With Boris winning!!..lol
I'll post pics tomorrow and let you know how the crabs settle in, or if boris has crab cibab for dinner :drool: :p
My spelling sucks, but i'm sure you get the picture..lol

...I might have saved one ... Don't tell anyone. Then my friends told me it was too gross and that I should bin it. I think they thought it was a dead one though.

We are sposed to leave them in apparently because they need to eat them to get the nutrience back otherwise they become 'vunerable'! but I don't think anyone has told them that because they seem just as violent as usual!

Yay Boris lives! Those Shrimps must be incredibly lucky, it's all gone there way! Now they even get their own species tank, though I doubt their happy about that. Means no more Tetra fishing. Hope the Guppies and Plecs are alright.

This thread has had me in stitches though, from Shrimp going from cowerdly live food to vicious predator, resculpturing their own face, posing for pictures, plotting to take the humans down next, and fishing upside down. :lol:

Damn now I want one.

...I might have saved one ... Don't tell anyone. Then my friends told me it was too gross and that I should bin it. I think they thought it was a dead one though.

We are sposed to leave them in apparently because they need to eat them to get the nutrience back otherwise they become 'vunerable'! but I don't think anyone has told them that because they seem just as violent as usual!
I do normally leave them in, but on the odd occasion that there is a full shed lying around I take it out. Its amazing how they just kinda Unzip the back and crawl out.. :lol: I'll post some pics.. I'm mean its everything.. claws antenna legs.. everything :crazy: One shed while he was in the bag yesterday :huh:
I saved the first ever one I found, so I know have them is 3 sizes and a pair of Boris claws :lol: God I really do need to get out more :blink:
Ive loved crustations from being a nipper when we had a crayfish in the biology lab that I looked after :p
Off to coax Boris out with a bit of defrosted shrimp :hey:

I do normally leave them in, but on the odd occasion that there is a full shed lying around I take it out. Its amazing how they just kinda Unzip the back and crawl out.. :lol: I'll post some pics.. I'm mean its everything.. claws antenna legs.. everything :crazy: One shed while he was in the bag yesterday :huh:
I saved the first ever one I found, so I know have them is 3 sizes and a pair of Boris claws :lol: God I really do need to get out more :blink:
Ive loved crustations from being a nipper when we had a crayfish in the biology lab that I looked after :p

I've just spent what feels like 4 hours reading this post from start to finish - what a fantastic post! I'm sticking with the amano shrimp I have but after reading all this you've got me looking at them very suspiciously now................................................... :lol:

Yay Boris lives! Those Shrimps must be incredibly lucky, it's all gone there way! Now they even get their own species tank, though I doubt their happy about that. Means no more Tetra fishing. Hope the Guppies and Plecs are alright.

This thread has had me in stitches though, from Shrimp going from cowerdly live food to vicious predator, resculpturing their own face, posing for pictures, plotting to take the humans down next, and fishing upside down. :lol:

Damn now I want one.
Guppies and plecs settled into the other tanks great thanks :)
And as for you want one.. lol they are kinda fun :)

I've just spent what feels like 4 hours reading this post from start to finish - what a fantastic post! I'm sticking with the amano shrimp I have but after reading all this you've got me looking at them very suspiciously now................................................... :lol:
Demon shrimp you gota luv em :wub: Its been a learning curve for me and the other guy.. buy something small and cute, and end up with demon crustation :hey:

Well Boris is sulking and won't come out from behind his rock/wood pile. But his mate Zippy has taken a liking to the camera ;) and can be seen below chowing down on a defrosted shrimp :p . Notice half way through how he looks round, what you dont see is Boris has heard him eating and has just thrown both his claws through a hole right next to him..lol Zippy drops his prawn and runs for his life!! He did come back and finish it off :p

Zippy has supper :)

This is going to make me look quite irresponsible I expect but... The other little creatures I bought under a misguiding label were 2 Dwarf frogs who turned out to be Clawed frogs.

They are fine at the moment but I think that when they get bigger they are going to be a problem. Cos they will start on the fish so I understand. And the tank they are in at the moment will not be big enough forever.

Do you recon they could go in with the shrimp when the frogs get to full size?

I really can't decide, I think that the Frogs would be able to hold their own but they are quite slow predators and don't seem that bothered if fish come to investigate them. I would be a little worried for their legs and arms although both frogs seem pretty pumped already.

The fish I have been able to keep with the Demon Shrimp have been- a Large African Knife, Filter barbs, a huge sucking loach, kribs (for some reason) and Pim Cats. It has seemed to me like once the Shrimp have decided that a species is not food they seem to leave them alone for good which is pretty cool.

I would love to be able to put 2 full size Clawed frog in there because I think it would be a really diverse mix but, I don't think I'm brave enough.

I don't have shrimp, probably will never get shrimp...but I have a new appreciation for the demonic variety. :lol:

This thread was far, far too entertaining.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back