I got a job...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Take care Phoenix.
Don't injured yourself during work especially if you need to carry heavy things.
Many guys injured their backs when carrying heavy things.
The injury can be permanent and serious.

Ask for help if you need to.
Facts! My body is battered because I thought i was made of stone :rofl:

Congrats PK! You should be proud of yourself

I am! Hopefully this job should give me more money for my fish. :wub:

Just got back from work, very long day...

I was sorting jolly ranchers in the morning (which sounds easy, but is not. We were sorting all the red ones, and there were 4 different flavors of red jolly ranchers. But, there was no color difference, so you had to read the little word on the side, then put it in the appropriate bucket) along with Legos.

In the afternoon, I was on the “line”. (Which suits me much better by the way)

I was mostly loading boxes onto the conveyor line and breaking down the boxes once they took the product out. Man my hands are sore...

Anyway, probably not going to be on the forum much this week. Tomorrow I have school, and we have to clean the house. Then Friday is my sisters birthday party!

Congrats on the job! I just recently had to quit my full time job because I started an accelerated master's degree program. I took about a month off in between as a sort of vacation...and oddly enough, I missed working! Now I'm busy so I'm glad I'm not also working lol.

You'll always remember your first job, whether fondly or not so fondly! It's a big step in your life and a step towards independence. A good work ethic will take you far, but don't forget to have fun too!

And as far as the back protection goes - I worked on a farm and it involved a lot of heavy (100+lbs) lifting. Every time I lifted something super heavy I would say "neutral spine, neutral spine" over and over again in my head. Neutral spine is when your back is straight (aside from the natural slight curve, of course). As long as you keep your back straight, you most likely won't hurt your back - it's when you round your back and don't lift with your legs that you get hurt. Once you form the habit of using your legs and keeping your back straight it will stick with you. And if you forget, you'll feel the difference!

Thanks for the advice!

Yesterday, I was lifting heavy boxes/pallets, and I thought every time “use your legs, not your back”. My back feels better then it did after my very first day of work.

So it looks like from now on, I will be working a full day Wednesday. :cool:

So it looks like now, I will be working all day on Wednesdays. $30 a day ain’t bad. I get the next week of school off, so hopefully I’ll be able to work all that week!?

These are really busy times for me, even with COVID going on... school, work, drum lessons, CAP, etc.

And, we are moving soon, so we will need to start going through stuff/packing. :/

I broke my wrist and arm not asking for help. Now I was drop kicking someone(for fun don't worry), and I hadn't asked someone to help me hold his arms back, but its all the same in the end. Right?
I broke my arm because my sister couldn’t stand to loose in a race. Sisters... :rolleyes: :dunno:

How's your job going?

I've almost always worked manual labor type jobs (ie: factory jobs, running our family restaurant, etc) except when I was in my early 20s I was a store manager for a Blockbuster video (oh boy, I took that job for granted!). Well, about 6 weeks ago I got a new job as well. I'm working as an auditor for really nice hotel. Pay is similar to what I was making before, only I'm not killing my back anymore and it's only one mile from home. It's lonely and boring computer work, but I'm liking it so far.

How's your job going?

I've almost always worked manual labor type jobs (ie: factory jobs, running our family restaurant, etc) except when I was in my early 20s I was a store manager for a Blockbuster video (oh boy, I took that job for granted!). Well, about 6 weeks ago I got a new job as well. I'm working as an auditor for really nice hotel. Pay is similar to what I was making before, only I'm not killing my back anymore and it's only one mile from home. It's lonely and boring computer work, but I'm liking it so far.
It’s going really good. I go once a week now.

My parents now made a rule, that of everything I make, 10% goes to tithe (as it usually was) and 50% of that goes to my savings account. Then, I get to keep the other 50%. (More like 45%)

I mean, I made $50 a day, which isn’t made for my age. So I now “in the here and now” make $25 a day.

I already have quit a large sum saved up in the savings account, to help me when I move out of the house. I now it feeling terrible now, but I know in the long run it will be good for me. :)

Last couple of times, I have been sorting Legos and Jolly ranchers, not working “the line” - guess they don’t know my true potential? Lol... :hey: :lol:

Last couple of times, I have been sorting Legos and Jolly ranchers, not working “the line” - guess they don’t know my true potential? Lol... :hey: :lol:

Why do I imagine you working the line snorting the pixie stix and shoveling candy in your mouth as fast as possible like Lucy at the chocolate factory on I Love Lucy?

Why do I imagine you working the line snorting the pixie stix and shoveling candy in your mouth as fast as possible like Lucy at the chocolate factory on I Love Lucy?
Lol...

Candy is boxed by the time it’s put on the line - it is then scanned, labels and stickers are printed, and it’s then palletized and either shipped to Amazon or put in storage.

It’s hard work, but I like it. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back