I found a baby fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Michelle150

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and I think my molly had a fry, it has been about an hour and there has been no more fry is that usual?

Here is the fry I found

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 113
Are those the only fish in the tank, if not thet could be eaten. The parents eat them too sometimes. When my molly had birth it was in a semi aggressive cichlid/Bichir tank.

Maybe there are more in the molly belly, more hiding space=Molly feel more safe to give birth.

I have moved mum to her own box
If it's one of those tiny boxes, please move mum out as soon as possible. They become very stressed confined to these tiny boxes. It is much better to let her give birth in the main tank then catch the fry and move them to the box.

Netting a pregnant livebearer can damage both the mother and the unborn fry. The should be moved by scooping them into a container full of water.

If it's one of those tiny boxes, please move mum out as soon as possible. They become very stressed confined to these tiny boxes. It is much better to let her give birth in the main tank then catch the fry and move them to the box.

Netting a pregnant livebearer can damage both the mother and the unborn fry. The should be moved by scooping them into a container full of water.
I have still only found 1 fry hoping for more

It is not unusual for the mother to drop a few and then a day or two later drop some more, They can go for a week or two or even longer. Much of it depends on how safe and comfortable the mother feels. If something stress her she may not drop fry for a longer period.

It looks kind of big for a new fry. Perhaps it’s been hiding for awhile and you just noticed it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back