I found a baby fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Don't kill yourself or stress the fish trying to save every fry. There will be more. Many more. If not this batch, then the next. You will soon be wondering what to do with them all.

I have been there before myself with black mollies, cichlids and guppies to name a few. I have ended up with plenty of fry to way too many. :fish: With tetra it is a different story, I have been trying to get the water temp and conditions just right and setting up nesting areas with plenty of leafy plants and the correct lighting for my Glow Light tetras. I have been lucky to have 2 glow light fry show up last month. I just found two more fry tonight while working on my tank. One that is 1/2 the size of the first two and another one that is really tiny and maybe a glow light but could also be a neon which would be my first neon. I do not think I will have to worry about being over crowded anytime soon at this birth rate;)

Last edited:
If you decide to leave the fry in the tank, try and have plenty of hiding spots. My first 2 fry hide out in my floating hornwort and now the 3rd one has moved in with them. He was hiding out by my moss balls until I moved them .The tiny fry swam into the castle through a small open door, Really wish I could have been able to take that photo. ;)

If you decide to leave the fry in the tank, try and have plenty of hiding spots. My first 2 fry hide out in my floating hornwort and now the 3rd one has moved in with them. He was hiding out by my moss balls until I moved them .The tiny fry swam into the castle through a small open door, Really wish I could have been able to take that photo. ;)
That is where I found mine yesterday hiding in my live plants

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back