I am horrible.

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
I hate myself. :-( The worst possible thing ever happened. Ok, so it probably could have been worse, but let's not go there. Anyways, last night I woke up to a splash, and since a fish has jumped out before, checked all the bettas on the desk, and everything was cool. Then, a few minutes ago I was looking at the falx and realized there was two fish on the male side, and none on the female's side. However, the female was in the wrong side, flirting with the guy. :unsure: Looked down, and sure enough... there was my first daddy falx, dried up on the carpet. :no: I didn't put the lid all the way on! UGH! I can't believe I forgot this. And I can't believe that the one time I forgot they had to go and do this. The only good thing is that the female and male hadn't spawned yet, so I was able to seperate them in time. I'm so glad I have babies... because now I can keep one or two to make me feel better. And I'm glad I have the orangies, or I'd be going completely nuts. Ugh. I'm a bad fish mommy. :sad:

Oh that really stinks. I lost my paradice fish like that, he was about 7 feet from the tank though...But anyway, that is so sad, and they were a type of fish you rarely see, let alone own. Maybe you can raise the fry though :)

Oh, Julie, that's so sad! But there are few fish who have had a better mom then you. Your fish are well cared for and well-loved. Everyone slips up now and again, don't beat yourself up too much.

:-( OMG! You poor thing... :-(

Please don't be too hard on yourself. :/ *huge hug*

im sorry. same thing happened to me today. my favorite female jumped out of the breeding tank. i had been so excited about breeding her but hadnt yet:( it feels awful :-(

So Sorry Julie, I know how much you Loved you Falx.

**Hugs**

I am so sorry, I don't know what to say, except that I've been there and I think that most of us have. Hang in there, you're a wonderful fishkeeper and you'll have beautiful babies to remember him by. :-(

Thanks for the support everybody. I'm having a really hard time with this...

Especially since, you know what happened TODAY? UGH! My second male tried to commit suicide. I woke up to a thud, and immediately went looking at the falx. The male was nowhere to be found in the tank... and nowhere else either. I finally found him on the hood of my 10 gallon tank, behind the light. He was laying stock still... I wonder why bettas never flop. :unsure: Anyways, I got him back in the tank but he was out for quite awhile, I don't know if he's going to be ok or not. :sad: He certainly is in shock now... just laying in his plant. I will never forgive myself if I lose both of them.

The thing that's weird is.. I cut this lid SO carefully, so it would have no holes for them to jump out of. The lady I got them from said they were strong jumpers, so I was careful. The lid also isn't light, it's glass. However, the only way he could have got out is by jumping and hitting the lid up, then somehow popping out the space he made. :angry:

Interesting thing - She also told me that if one jumps, they all will try to follow. So that has to be why the boy jumped today.. he was trying to go find his brother. -_-

juliethegr8t said:
Interesting thing - She also told me that if one jumps, they all will try to follow. So that has to be why the boy jumped today.. he was trying to go find his brother. -_-
:eek: -_-

That IS interesting, a case of monkey see,monkey do!! :look:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back