I Am Addicted - Help

Realtree

Fish Addict
Joined
May 30, 2009
Messages
953
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Worksop Notts UK
Since I got on the tropical road some 3 months ago
it has taken over my daily life
I have 2 tanks already - a 75l peaceful community tank
and a 26l with a lovely wild male betta
I find myself constantly dreaming of a tank much bigger and better.
I can't afford it :angry: and i keep trying to come up with somekind of plan to achieve my goal.
I couldn't sell my other tanks as I love them and woud definitely miss them.
I fear that even if I achieved my dream The dreaded upgrade word would soon enter my brain again :shout:
Think I am suffering from Fish envy as my friend has a huge corner tank which homes a super large cichlid community - but you know how it is you can only go round so many times to salivate (his wife is starting to notice)
Has anyone got any solutions or aids for this condition ??
Sectioning is an option not far away
 
:lol: Join the MTS club, most of us are in it. Be warned, it gets worse :rolleyes:
 
I've been going just under a year and it hit me.

I went from 100 ltr tank to 100 ltr and 20 ltr tank. Then got 530ltr tank.
But got rid of the 100ltr tank so back to 2 tanks.
 
I am fairly sure that the only cure is a total overload. When there is no place left to put another tank you slow down and get creative then you finally grind to a stop on the number and size of tanks and start switching around what fish is in what tank. I have actually heard of people getting tired of it but find that hard to imagine since I have been in the hobby for over 50 years. I have a slight amount of control and so far only have 20 tanks up and running but I am thinking of building on a fish room.
 
I too have this condition mate...

Im only 20, got my first tank 10 years ago and im just as addicted today...

My missus shouts at me for constantly looking at it or messing. Or discussing my latest additions.

In my spare time i go to the LFS.

She thinks im mad, but i love it! Lol.

I also prefer to watch my fish that watch T.V when eating my tea, people find this strange! Lol.
 
Yeah I know how you feel RealTree theres a nice
corner tank at my local aquarium shop but its about
$700 aussie dollers which sucks which is about
350Pounds

-Tropical King
 
Started with a crummy fish bowl, then it was a 30litre Biorb, then a 60ltr Biorb at present I have a 120litre community tank and a 60 litre Apple snail tank. My dream is to win the lottery and buy a house with a large enough living room for a 700 litre. Oh yes I've got a pond aswell. Agree with poster regarding the watching of the tank rather than the TV. No adverts on the Tank :hyper:
 
Started with a crummy fish bowl, then it was a 30litre Biorb, then a 60ltr Biorb at present I have a 120litre community tank and a 60 litre Apple snail tank. My dream is to win the lottery and buy a house with a large enough living room for a 700 litre. Oh yes I've got a pond aswell. Agree with poster regarding the watching of the tank rather than the TV. No adverts on the Tank :hyper:

There is no hope
I also have a koi pool in the garden - lol
 
Started with a crummy fish bowl, then it was a 30litre Biorb, then a 60ltr Biorb at present I have a 120litre community tank and a 60 litre Apple snail tank. My dream is to win the lottery and buy a house with a large enough living room for a 700 litre. Oh yes I've got a pond aswell. Agree with poster regarding the watching of the tank rather than the TV. No adverts on the Tank :hyper:

There is no hope
I also have a koi pool in the garden - lol

Do you find yourself gazing at it, when sitting out in the garden, I do, normally with a nice glass of something (hic) - lol
 
My "problem" is so serious
I have had money making dreams of running a great white hand feeding experience
 
Sadly yes i dream of fish sometimes lol.

But now that i work in an LFS i can see more tanks than my current 4 on the horizon, they are interested in me breeding them some of the rarer tailed bettas actually as it prevents them having to order them in (never realised ow expensive they were to oreder :blink: )

The Gar tank is fasinating, especially at feeding time :crazy:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top