Hydor Ario Color 2?

connorsbala

Leader Of The Seahorse's!
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
1,411
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Essex,UK
Hey
I want oen of these air pumps with light for my axolotl tank but was wondering if you knew whether they give off any heat? Axies prefer cool water so i dont want it heating it up! DO you have these air pumps? DO yours give off any heat?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HYDOR-ARIO-2-COLOURE...emZ320058967039
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I ordered two and tried one for a couple of weeks. Mine uses 4 LEDs and it does not get hot not even after a long while.

However, mine would get clogged up with sand often (I guess my fish are too energetic). Anyway, the motor would slow down and eventually stop. Then I would have to pick it up, turn it upside down and shake and rinse. So anyway, I got tired of cleaning it out so often and took it out. Mine have been sitting on the shelf ever since; too bad you're in the UK, I would ship, but I'm not sure of shipping costs for overseas.
 
Lol yeah thanks for the thought anyway :good:
I might just give it ago anyways :D
 
Word of warning tho - they're not quite as 'silent' as they say they are.
I've got an Ario 4 in my 240L tank and it doesn't half sound-off. And it's stuck flat to the bottom of the tank glass so goodness knows why its so loud. It's pretty good though if you only use it in short spurts.

I dont know how big your tank is, but I must say the lights aren't very strong at all. I've got a blue one, and underwater you could hardly see it. So I have the pump underwater and the light stuck to the rim of the tank under the hood. It creates a lovely moon shimmering effect on the water. I put it on for a couple of hours every night after main lights are switched out (using a timer).

Good pump/led for the price though.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top