Hurricane Ian

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Slaphppy7

Mod-o-holic
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
To our members here @ TFF that are located in Florida, I hope you stay safe and heed all advice from your local authorities on this approaching storm, could turn out to be a nasty one

These guys always have good info on tropical events, and there's a (very) active blog at the end of each of their articles when a hurricane is inevitable: https://yaleclimateconnections.org/...emains-murky-cat-4-noru-hits-the-philippines/

Prayers sent for all Floridians

Having just gone through one slightly moderated by cooler oceans, a hurricane is a force beyond prediction. Stay safe and use common sense.

I just returned an inflated pool toy to a kid whose parents didn't think it would go travelling in a hurricane. I don't think too many Floridians would make that mistake...

Having just gone through one slightly moderated by cooler oceans, a hurricane is a force beyond prediction. Stay safe and use common sense.

I just returned an inflated pool toy to a kid whose parents didn't think it would go travelling in a hurricane. I don't think too many Floridians would make that mistake...
Oh yes, Fiona....I hope you & yours didn't suffer any serious damage or loss, Gary...for a hurricane to make it that far north, and do the damage it did, is historical

Oh yes, Fiona....I hope you & yours didn't suffer any serious damage or loss, Gary...for a hurricane to make it that far north, and do the damage it did, is historical

We're a wee bit inexperienced. We were lucky and just got a remarkable windstorm. My daughters were closer to the centre of it and got quite a scare from falling trees. Areas north of us are devastated. It ploughed into communities with very old, very large trees in full leaf, and a lot of them came down. They aren't trees that would grow where hurricanes are common.

Indeed, I would imagine Canadians are prepared for something this devastating as much as us on the Gulf Coast are prepared for month-long sub-freezing temperatures....*not much, if at all*

I hope the rebuild for your part of the country goes smoothly...did you or your daughters lose power, for a significant amount of time?...I know much of the country in that area with be without it for quite some time

It's the usual experience for southern people now - post hurricane. Power will take time. My daughters are on a major street, so they got their power back today. Their road leads to a major bridge, and there is industry nearby, so that was prioritized. Their workplaces are in the dark, and there is no wifi to work from home with.
They were out today with a handsaw getting a maple into lengths they could move, along with the neighbours who had a circular saw. 6 resourceful women, 2 of whom are in their 70s, taking turns. They got it moved enough to get into the two houses it was blocking (not the main trunk but a 30 foot split).
Hardwood trees. The softwood that came down here was easier to deal with. I knew I should have bought them a chainsaw.
When they finished, a neighbour they hadn't met but who couldn't help brought them all in and fed them lunch. So the community is pulling together.
It's a very Canadian thing to have maple trees uprooted and falling, I guess.
I can't go help because of access. Later in the week I'll take a ladder and fix some superficial damage. Gotta get it done before winter.
Yes, I hope Florida is safe, and that they never get a Canadian blizzard. I'm all for new experiences opening our eyes, but let's not do this again.
And yes, we will.

Approaching landfall, 155 MPH winds....and you have people like this...SMDH...Darwin smiles

[VIDEO]
Why... Why would you do that. I guess it's OK for now but I probably wouldn't be doing that lol.

I'm really getting worried for my family down there now. Their home and all the animals as well as themselves obviously... I'm hoping they come up to us. We can see eachother after so many years and also if anything happens to their home they won't be in it...
But all the animals 😔

Why... Why would you do that. I guess it's OK for now but I probably wouldn't be doing that lol.

I'm really getting worried for my family down there now. Their home and all the animals as well as themselves obviously... I'm hoping they come up to us. We can see eachother after so many years and also if anything happens to their home they won't be in it...
But all the animals 😔
Where in FL are they at?

Where in FL are they at?
Eh I'm not going to say cause it's their privacy not mine.
But they are right in the direct hit. I think the eye will probably be going over them.

I'm just praying... That's all I can do. Maybe give them a text and see how their doing

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back