Howdy All, New In Town

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Barb-barian

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all decided to interact with everyone after reading so much from these forums.  Also get to show off my tank and fishy friends.

I have two tanks a 36g bow-front and a 60g which is currently being cycled

The 36g was my first tank as an adult and has been an awesome learning experience.  I've had it going for a little more than a month now. It has 8 tiger barbs (4 reg, 2 albino, 2 green), 2 Balloon rams, 2 platies, crayfish and a mystery snail. It is lightly planted but looking to add a few more plants.  It has 2 Aqueon quiet flow 30 filters. I'm having a a little trouble with an ammonia spike currently but i think that is cause i stocked too many to fast. Oops.  Doing frequent water changes and the ammonia is dropping.
fish tank 1.jpgfish tank 2.jpg

The 60g is a lucky pick up and since im having so much fun with the 36 i thought one more would double the fun.  It is currently cycling.  I'm planning on putting African cichlids in there but haven't figured out exactly what combo i will go with.  I really like the peacock and the electric yellow labs so i would like those to get worked in there some how.  Bit confusing on what fish will most likely work with others but trudging through a lot of reading so hopefully can figure it out .  Any recommendation or even just fun suggestions are very welcome.  fish tank 3.jpg

welcomeani.gif
to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here.

Not sure on cichlids unfortunately. Are you following THIS to cycle the tank?

:hi: to the forum.

Keep an eye on your crayfish, they generally don't get on with fish. Most of the time, claws+fish=disaster.

Nice tanks!
Can't wait to see your 60G when its stocked :)

Welcome to the forum!

I am still relatively new to the forum myself and these guys have been great and helped me through my journey.

Both your tanks are amazing! I wish I could get another one as well to have a different set up. I look forward to seeing how they develop!

Welcome! Love the crayfish, haven't seen thAt here before :)

Blondielovesfish said:
welcomeani.gif
to the forum.

Keep an eye on your crayfish, they generally don't get on with fish. Most of the time, claws+fish=disaster.

Nice tanks!
Can't wait to see your 60G when its stocked
smile.png
yeah he seems pretty passive so far but i keep him well fed with stuff like peas and shrimp pellets.  Plus my guys are pretty fast.  will still keep an eye on him tho

They also like to climb out. Keep all escape holes covered. I never had a problem with mine eating fish unless you keep catfish or plecos. They are slower and stay on the bottom like the crayfish. I love mine. However, mine got out and dried out while I was at work. No good.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back