How Would I Travel With A Cake?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Squishiebabe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
so this friday is my boyfriends birthday and it just so happens that I always bake a homemade cake for everyones birthday! The problem is he lives about 5 hours away by bus, and I want to bake the thing at home where I'm more comfortable using my familliar tools (I thought about cooking it at his house, but I really want it to be a surprise so its like my last resort lol)

Any ideas on how I could carry it? I was thinking ok, I'll put it in a box, but I dont want it all messed up, so i thought what about toothpicks where the box might touch it? Lol how do they ship these things does anyone know?

Any ideas are warmly welcomed! :good:

Order some pizza to be delivered and keep the little plastic "mini tables" that they spike on the pizza to stop the box sticking to the cheese. Make sure the box is a snug fit for the cake so it cant move about in the box and carry the box a large shopping bag so there is less chance of the box getting bumped into or dropped.

I take it you bake your cakes in a cake tin.
if so why not transport the cake in the tin and then decorate it at the venue?

yup that's what i do, Ian's fav cake that i make is cheesecake which doesn't travel well, taken it to his parents a few times before, just transport it in the tin with the stuff to decorate, sauces etc in little tupperwarres, then assemble it there. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back