How To Upload Pictures

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Here's something I just wrote up to help another member:

ok, do you have one place on your computer where your pics are stored?

When you get to photobucket, click on upload photo's unless it's already there. They recently changed it so at the bottom of the little box where it Upload Images and Video you can select for the pics to automatically upload in the size you choose. I select for mine to be reduced to 640 X 480, which is the large.

Now is where it's important to know exactly where your pics are stored on you computer and how to get there. Hit the choose files button and find your pics. Then select one and hit open. If you want more than one pic use control button and click on however many you want to upload.

After they upload, if you want to post a pic then all you have to do is click the IMG code. When you click it a little box should pop up for just a quick second that says copied. It automatically copies the code for you.

Then you go the page in forum and get to the part where you're posting your message and just hit paste. You don't have to do anything with the brackets on it or mess with the codes at all. You can always preview your post to double check that it works.

Try that and see how it goes. You may have to "play" with it for a little bit. That's what I did, is mess around. I'm still learning new features on it, but I know the basics. :good: I hope it can help other people!!

I'm doin my best here to download pics of my discuss tank and although I think its not gonna work, I'm posting it anyways. If an image do appear, there are 6 discus and a siamese male showing. Are'nt they just special..... King of the aquarium fish. (one of 40 tanks I have in the Garage)

LAST0.JPGLAST0.JPGLAST0.JPG[a
ttachment=51866:LAST0.JPG]
T0.JPG

took me a wile to worke it out but i see it is there now but in some post the browse tab is not there

1) Using an Image Editing program in your personal computer (such as Paint Shop Pro, Aldus Photo Styler, Adobe Photo Shop, Corel Photo Paint, MS Photo Editor...) create your .jpg image (for example mytank.jpg). It should be less than 600 pixels wide in order to be viewed entirely on the screen by most internet users. Wider images require people to scroll sideways on their browsers which is annoying. Also, the image file should ideally be less than 50 kBytes in size in order to have reasonable loading time. DO NOT blindly upload and post the default high-resolution images created by your digicam or scanner, they will almost certainly violate both the conditions above. You need to edit them before they can be of reasonable size for webpages.

Click browse and find the file you want to upload then select "open" and the location of it will be entered into the box, then just click "Post New Topic"

You need to edit them before they can be of reasonable size for webpages. I can't figure out how to edit the pictures. I am using windows xp home. Got any suggestions how to edit? I don't have any of these programs: Paint Shop Pro, Aldus Photo Styler, Adobe Photo Shop, Corel Photo Paint, MS Photo Editor.

1) Using an Image Editing program in your personal computer (such as Paint Shop Pro, Aldus Photo Styler, Adobe Photo Shop, Corel Photo Paint, MS Photo Editor...) create your .jpg image (for example mytank.jpg). It should be less than 600 pixels wide in order to be viewed entirely on the screen by most internet users. Wider images require people to scroll sideways on their browsers which is annoying. Also, the image file should ideally be less than 50 kBytes in size in order to have reasonable loading time. DO NOT blindly upload and post the default high-resolution images created by your digicam or scanner, they will almost certainly violate both the conditions above. You need to edit them before they can be of reasonable size for webpages.

Click browse and find the file you want to upload then select "open" and the location of it will be entered into the box, then just click "Post New Topic"

I recently downloaded windows photo gallery hoping to edit pictures down to 600 pixels with it. I have a problem with it for it edits in inches not pixels. What would the approx. dimensions of a picture that is 600 pixels wide be?

I got these instructions, from Tex Gal at APC, about how to use flickr to download pictures.

I use Flickr. I don't have to downsize. I choose the px in Flickr. Then above the px I choose "all sizes". Once in there I choose medium or small. The px resizes in Flickr and under the px are two URLs. I choose the bottom one to copy. Then I got to APC and choose the px icon. I paste into that and it goes in. Once your thread is posted, if the px is too big to display you will see in your post above the px the little box that says "this px has been resize...."

Can't get it to work at this site. Anybody got any suggestions?

my slightly re-designed tank

Attachments

• 05012009721.jpg
    05012009721.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 94
  • my_tank_4.jpg
    my_tank_4.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 109
yet more pictures of my tank. my missis says i am now officially a sad man. she just dont get it! i mean i actually clean up around the house since i had a tropical tank( i only clean the tank)!

Attachments

• my_tank_3.jpg
    my_tank_3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 100
  • my_tank_6.jpg
    my_tank_6.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 114
I made this image-guide thing a while ago, thought it may be useful to post here since I think using microsoft paint is fiddly, doesn't give you the best results and takes longer, and so many people end up adding add pics that are really too small and/or have a white border around them. I cant remember what imageshack and photobucket were like back in 2002, maybe it was the best option to use paint then, but nowadays I think the following options are way more suited for people.

Photobucket even lets you edit pictures to make them brighter or sharper for identifying a fish species - which can be useful for people using rubbish phone cameras.

Would also save some server space if everyone was to use this method rather than actually uploading pics to the forum methinks.

You can use imageshack for free without an account.
First:
IShelp1.jpg

Then, once it's uploaded:
IShelp2.jpg

And to copy the direct link:
IShelp3.jpg

And put it in a post:
IShelp4.jpg

It should come up like this:
onehn1.jpg

Or, with a free account from photobucket - this way works out faster and easier if you ever need to post images again without having to upload them again somewhere, and is probably a better option if you plan on uploading lots of images at once or more in the future :
PBhelp.jpg

PBhelp2.jpg

lets try this

Attachments

• IMG_2356.JPG
    IMG_2356.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2360.JPG
    IMG_2360.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 94

Most reactions

trending