How Often Do You Need To Check Water Tests?

Every other day is not necessary. It will also work out expensive as you will get through your test kit fast! Some people do them every 2 weeks, some once a month.

I do mine once a week just before I do my vac and water change- that way you can spot any problems and correct them before they get out of hand.
 
if the tank is established and the filters have cycled, then check the water quality once a week before you do a water change (as suggested by Gilli). The PH can be checked several times a week and if it is stabile then you can check it once a week.
If you lose a fish, the water goes cloudy or starts to smell, then test the water.
Before you go to the LFS to buy any new fish, test the water.
 
I tend to test for just nitrite 1 time per week, and ammonia 1 time per week, before waterchanges.
 
only if i feel there is any need too, and i am not alone on this! :nod:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top