nirtite and ammonium 0
nitrate 0
tank has been running for 4 years now
water changes 1/3 / week
(that tank in the middle)

Now I have
2x Gastromyzon ?
2x Apistogramma borellii (pantanal)
2x Red cherry (Neocaridina denticulata sinensis (red))
2x Malaya (Caridina cf. babaulti var. „Malaya“)
3x Biene (Caridina sp. "Biene")

I'm also possibly getting some Caridina gracilirostris soon. So, when should I stop? I will not take anymore fishes to that aquarium, only shrimps (and of course suitable species only). Is there some limits? I'm obviously keeping an eye on nitrate. I wan't it to stay very low, because tank is planted.

Thanks.

Don't know why no-one has replied to you yet....

Anyway, I just impulsively bought some shrimps.
I've been planning to get some at some point in time, and unfortunately they came at the wrong time!
I have just bought 20 Amano shrimp and 20 cherry shrimp (it's hard to find shrimp around this area, so I got them!)

They are in a 40 litre tank at the moment, which I realise is not ideal. But, they are very young shrimp (far less than an inch long).

They are happily stripping algae off a large piece of bogwood at the moment, and I do plan to put them in a larger tank shortly.

Someone said that a 50 gallon tank would be ideal for my shrimp, but I don't know if they need a tank of that size - I was thinking more of a 2ft6in tank x 15x15.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone else can advise us.....

I have ordered 10 cherry shrimp...well expensive for 30 squid!!

Not that easyto get in the UK atm. Fisrt time I have seen them.

Not getting Amanos because they are not easy to breed and Cherrys combat more variety of algae, only downside is they are smaller, so I have to be more careful of their companions.

They will go in a 40x16x20 ~40Uk gals with Endlers, corys and blue neons.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back