How Many Of Your Fish Have Died?

AdAndrews

Marine Enthusiast!
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
3,008
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kidderminster, Worcs
How many of your fish have died?, from what suspected reason and in which ammount of time?,

ive had about 12 overall after a dreadful start, now things are going well!
 
How many of your fish have died?, from what suspected reason and in which ammount of time?,

ive had about 12 overall after a dreadful start, now things are going well!


Since when???... I had (approx) 8000 guppies in one go.... Overall???..... Cannot even guess???
 
Over time, the odd one or two, usually old age or for no apparent reason, one occassion I lost an entire tank over the space of two weeks to a nasty case of columnaris when I lost about 25 fish consisting of gouramis, corys, guppies, plecs, rainbows, platies etc etc - was horrible. Lately none and I hope to keep it that way for a good long time *fingers crossed*
 
I've been keeping fish a long time, so i've had quite a lot die.

Most of mine died of unknown causes and/or old age. Though I had a few goldfish, including one who was 17 years old who died of fish TB. I've also had the odd case of dropsy. And I killed a three by overdosing my CO2 while I was on holiday.

My most memorable fish, who eventually died of old age, had a very nasty, unknown disease (that another one died of). It started in the tail, like fin rot, then ate it's way up the fish! So I'd have, half a fish, swimming about (not very well) with bones sticking out! I saved one, and it's tail completely grew back. I used anti internal bacteria meds, plus melafix.

I've had a few die of internal tumours aswell.

At the moment my black widow tetras are slowly dying off. They are very old though (I've had them since early 2004). One by one they're becoming thinner and weaker and then they die. This has been going on nearly a year. I'm pretty sure it's old age, because none of the other fish seem affected. I only have three left now, and I started with 10.

I also lost a lot of fish in a tragic moving house incident. I never checked the thermostat on the heater in my holding tank (the fish were in there while the big tank heated up). It went up over 30 degrees C and most of the fish in there died.
 
in past few months since i started, I only lost 2 green cory and a oto. Which is pretty good since I started with a fish in cycle with a Molly and never lost her.
 
Lost a platy a while back 2 days after an unfortunate incident with a thinish gravel vac :crazy:

*edit* in fact I have just noticed she is in my sig. left tank orange platy :rip: :byebye:
 
It'll be almost two decades of keeping fish for me, so I can't remember.

For the current setup though, I've lost one runt rummynose early on, a rummynose was found on the floor, and and recently another runt rummynose died soon after a waterchange.
 
only ever lost 2 platys and 2 neon tetra
in the space of about 1 and a half years
 

Most reactions

Back
Top