How are you feeling today?

CharLee86

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Everyone has good and bad days.
Lately I feel like there has been more bad than good.
Well, maybe not bad but just kind of meh.

I live out on country side (sort of, we got about 4 or 5 neighbours)
It's just my partner, my daughter and me in the house.

Not being able to see anyone is starting to drive me bit mad.

I have PTSD and one of my ways to deal with it and try to get better was to get out and face my fears in a way.
I eventually worked up the courage to start going to the gym

Now all gyms are closed and I can just feel my self slipping back to old thought patterns.

I need to do the waterchanges today but I'm really struggling to find the energy to do it.

I want this thread/post to be a place for everyone to just vent out how they are feeling and just get it out there.

Sometimes it helps to just write it down and get "rid" of it.

Feel free to vent on here, I need to do it from time to time as well. It a sad to hear you feel this way... :(

As far as energy goes... are you getting enough sleep? What do your eating habits look like?

A couple of months ago, I felt the same way you did. Low on energy, didn’t feel like doing anything, etc. So, I stopped eating junk food and soda, and started eating more healthy. (Focusing on protein, vegetables, and water) I also started exercising daily. Exercising is a great way to get rid of stress. I would also try jogging. (I do a varied exercises every day, but I actually look forward to playing my drums, which is another great exercise)

TFF and my fish tanks have also helped. Just sit down at night and watch your fish. Don’t just watch them, but watch them, closely. You will find things out about your fish that you never knew. It can really help.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. :friends:

(P.S. Forgot your original question, lol. Yes, I am feeling great today!)

Feel free to vent on here, I need to do it from time to time as well. It a sad to hear you feel this way... :(

As far as energy goes... are you getting enough sleep? What do your eating habits look like?

A couple of months ago, I felt the same way you did. Low on energy, didn’t feel like doing anything, etc. So, I stopped eating junk food and soda, and started eating more healthy. (Focusing on protein, vegetables, and water) I also started exercising daily. Exercising is a great way to get rid of stress. I would also try jogging. (I do a varied exercises every day, but I actually look forward to playing my drums, which is another great exercise)

TFF and my fish tanks have also helped. Just sit down at night and watch your fish. Don’t just watch them, but watch them, closely. You will find things out about your fish that you never knew. It can really help.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. :friends:

(P.S. Forgot your original question, lol. Yes, I am feeling great today!)
Wish there was a hug button here haha.

I eat as usual..I think.
Ive even started taking extra vitamin C and D to make up for the lack of sun at the moment.
Been raining for what seems like months.

When you mention it, I have been slacking on water intake but I try to stay on top of it.

I do my exercise in the evening when my 3 year old is in bed.
I do do it during da time sometimes but Anna(my daughter) tends to hop on my as soon as I'm on the floor.
"Mummy, pretend you are a bouncy castle" ??.
At least its good abs exercise haha.

My mood will probably pick up again in a few days or so.

I love watching my fish, got a dwarf pleco named Dave.
Had him for almost 3 years now. He is such a character.

Thank you so much for putting a comment on here.
It really helps brighting my day.

Im happy to hear that you are feeling great ❤

Wish there was a hug button here haha.

I eat as usual..I think.
Ive even started taking extra vitamin C and D to make up for the lack of sun at the moment.
Been raining for what seems like months.

When you mention it, I have been slacking on water intake but I try to stay on top of it.

I do my exercise in the evening when my 3 year old is in bed.
I do do it during da time sometimes but Anna(my daughter) tends to hop on my as soon as I'm on the floor.
"Mummy, pretend you are a bouncy castle" ??.
At least its good abs exercise haha.

My mood will probably pick up again in a few days or so.

I love watching my fish, got a dwarf pleco named Dave.
Had him for almost 3 years now. He is such a character.

Thank you so much for putting a comment on here.
It really helps brighting my day.

Im happy to hear that you are feeling great ❤
Ah, the water is a big thing. Try to stay on top of that, and drink as much as you can.

Rain does tend to make people “down”, so hopefully that will stop soon, and the sun will come out!

(Human bouncy castle? Sounds hilarious. :lol: )

My hubbie was recently diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia so everyday has pretty much been “meh” for me recently. Just can’t wrap my mind around it. Married going on 44 years so his life is my life. God, I love him so!
So sorry to hear that.
Absolutely got your full rights to feel meh.
Sending big hugs ❤❤

Feeling great today, Seemed to have lost motivation for a few weeks but trying to take control of it now.
The fish have helped keep occupied as well as the kids, We have lots n lots to do at home regarding cooking & cleaning the usual stuff, but find myself just wasting days away doing nothing. So today my pal met me outside my house & we gave each other a kick up the backside

Hi, Charlee! Sorry your energy/mood is so low. Winter blues are nothing to trifle with! Since you live out in the country, I can tell you that long walks (they usually turn into runs for me) are one of my biggest remedies for the winter blues. Even if the weather is wretched--the issue here is usually extreme cold, not rain--I'm always glad I got out. I've spent some time in Northern England and it is PRIME walking habitat! Never been in the Canterbury area but I bet it's beautiful, too. I hope you can get the moods sorted out soon.

I love the "human bouncy castle." When my daughter was little, Mrs. Badger and I called it the Dad workout: Abs (jumping up and down on my stomach), arms/chest (lying on my back lifting her up so she could play superman) and even squats (flinging her up in the air so she could ride on my shoulders).

I myself have been a bit sickly, and I probably shouldn't be on the computers after this. A few years ago I bonked my head really hard (skiing crash--at least I was doing something interesting), and occasionally I have a relapse of concussion symptoms: Swollen-feeling eyes, headaches, poor sleep. I think it's being triggered by some very stressful situations I've been working through. So, I've been feeling pretty lousy. But there is so much to be grateful for: God loves me and gives me hope; my wife is beautiful and our relationship is growing in ways I wouldn't have anticipated just a few months ago; my daughter is one of the most amazing, creative, adaptable, funny people I have ever known; the new aquarium build is coming along well; the weather has been gorgeous lately; I still get paid rather handsomely to sing with little kids; our new house has chickadees, two different species of woodpeckers, nuthatches, and house finches frequenting the bird feeders; my hard-headed dog is finally starting to respond to training and I think I might be able to make a good hunter/running buddy out of him after all.

I could go on but that's enough for now.

@Deanasue , I am sad for you and I will add my prayers for courage, wisdom, and joy in the midst of the storm. Hang in there, friend.

Courage, boys and girls!

Hi guys.

Everyone has good and bad days.
Lately I feel like there has been more bad than good.
Well, maybe not bad but just kind of meh.

I live out on country side (sort of, we got about 4 or 5 neighbours)
It's just my partner, my daughter and me in the house.

Not being able to see anyone is starting to drive me bit mad.

I have PTSD and one of my ways to deal with it and try to get better was to get out and face my fears in a way.
I eventually worked up the courage to start going to the gym

Now all gyms are closed and I can just feel my self slipping back to old thought patterns.

I need to do the waterchanges today but I'm really struggling to find the energy to do it.

I want this thread/post to be a place for everyone to just vent out how they are feeling and just get it out there.

Sometimes it helps to just write it down and get "rid" of it.
I see you are in England which from last I heard was in full lockdown due to a new strain of the virus. That can be very stressful, we all are looking forward to the day when this is finally and forever all over with. After better than a year of lockdowns, it seems to be never-ending, and we are all very tired of it. Having PTSD is not making a bad situation any easier.

Have you ever considered writing a book, this can open up a whole new world for you. Just as in fish keeping there are millions of aspiring writers out there and many support groups and forums for writers. Join a good writers forum, read what others have written, you can chat with them and learn about writing. Writing to make money can happen, but more than likely it will not happen for many of us aspiring writers. But do it as a release from the everyday humdrum of life. Release your imagination, let it frow through you and into your writing.

I have been writing a fantasy novel for the past ten years, and I have really enjoyed doing this. I have created new worlds, full of dragons, fairies, and all kinds of characters straight out my imagination. If you keep at writing long enough you will find as you set down to write something that takes over you and before you know it you have just finished an entire chapter. It just flows out of your imagination through your fingers and onto the computer screen.

Set down with some nice background music, concentrate on your storyline, see it in your mind as if you are watching a movie. All the while know that it is your personal movie that no one else in the entire world has ever watched. Then start writing, you can ask those you love to read it for support and ideas, and if they don't then don't worry about it because you are in good company with millions of other aspiring writers.

My hubbie was recently diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia so everyday has pretty much been “meh” for me recently. Just can’t wrap my mind around it. Married going on 44 years so his life is my life. God, I love him so!
So sorry to hear this, you have my prayers and I send my love to both of you.

Sorry Deanasue, Just stay strong. I am not really a man of many words & you have said the nicest thing i have read for a long time.
I am not trying to turn this around on me & this is a little different to what your going through right now......i was diagnosed with a skin cancer a few years ago & needed a full excision followed by a skin graft, My wife told me that she loved me more than i ever know & she will always be there for me no matter what, I told her i was sorry for putting her through all the pain & i really didnt think that illness was part of the marriage deal. But she reminded me as we took our vows it was part of the deal.
Its nice to see after 44 years the love is stronger than ever, Just hope we are like you after 44 years.....we only have another 34 years to go :friends:

Most reactions

Back