How About A Rogues Gallery

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The small louse on the Clown Goby's back, they latch onto their host, eat them and then impregnate their eggs into the dermis of the fish, if you get one of these things latch onto your finger you're going to know about it!

The small louse on the Clown Goby's back, they latch onto their host, eat them and then impregnate their eggs into the dermis of the fish, if you get one of these things latch onto your finger you're going to know about it!
yuck...... so its that black spot i guess

The black spot is the eye of the isopod,I'll make the Isopod more prominent on paint.

isopod.jpg

As you can see, the Isopod itself is quite large, to give you an idea it was probably about the size of a small wood louse, about 8mm in length.

A copper medication would work but then keeping invertebrates wouldn't be possible, fresh water dips sometimes work too.

Ewwww!! I like this idea. I'll add to the to do list!

Isopods are horrible!!

fresh water dips sometimes work too.

Unlikely to work, as there are usually some in the sand - would work if you had qt a new fish and then find one.

The stuff of nightmares, wouldnt you say me old mucker?

I'll add to the to do list!

Whoa, slow down Lewis :lol: lets see how this thread develops, it can then be tidied up by Ben and added to the Resource Centre :good:

Seffie x

ps Kev, how about editing the title - the bit underneath, so people know to post their photo of Rogues?

ps Kev, how about editing the title - the bit underneath, so people know to post their photo of Rogues?
[/quote]
done

:good: I forget post can be deleted / edited! Nice!! Well done dayzofspeed.

Aiptasia is a pest anemone. It is a pest because it grows rapidly, and stings corals. Aispasia has a very very powerful sting and has been known to kill corals or damage them severely. Aispasia is also a nuicense as of it breaks naturally or by you attempting to kill it or removed it shoots out little spawns to reproduce before it dies.

I can't say how great 'aiptasia x' is! Really easy to rid it with this and rids it instantly!!

I have one photo I can add here.

nem2.png

Don't think I have any other clear ones unfortunately.

So the next rouge, White spot!!

A parasite that attaches to a fish to host it. It's free swimming to begin with and attaches onto fish, prominently their gill and fins. It appears like little raised white bumps are on the fish.

Treatments known are copper based meds (NOT TO BE USED WITH LR OR CORAL), freshwater dip as a temporary measure (works extremely well) and cleaner fish or shrimp such as the neon goby or the cleaner wrasse.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back