Hospital tank size?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kiwi_8

Reaction score
So my betta, Ender, has some bad finrot and his hospital tank is 5 gallons with a filter and heater.

And now that I see other people who are treating terrible illnesses, they point out that having a smaller hospital tank helps more with recovering. I've also been doing 50% to 80% water changes every other day and sometimes I get overwhelmed because I have other fish to take care of and forget, having a smaller one like a 2 gallon might be easier.

So, my question is, should I use a smaller tank?

5 gallon sounds just fine to me, but if it's troublesome for you, a 2 gallon as you suggested would be ok for a betta hospital tank.

If it makes you feel better, I had to commandeer our betta's 5 gallon tank to make a hospital tank for a young female convict whose old man worked her over. I made a plastic mesh pen for him with a 3.3 gallon volume and put it in the 40 gallon guppy tank. He's doing just fine and is actually being more social with people in his smaller enclosure. Pretty much anything beats those little plastic cups they keep them in at the pet stores or the vases that so many people keep them in.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back