Honeys!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishbaby

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Honey Gourami?
have been looking around at some different types of fish and came across these charming fish? they have been listed as comminity has anyone got any experince on these and will they be ok with guppies?
also i wanted to get a pair is that ok in a 97 litre tank with around 10 guppies and 4 catfish?(small catfish-bristle nose and usd catfish!)

thanks for info will look into them a bit more-that was just the info i found on a site but they sell fish as well so maybe to get you to buy more??? lol
i have an emmpty 30ltr tank too! :hey:

there not agressive at all they where a bit whe i first put them in but now they always swim with each other and rube up against each other

Honey gouramis can be quite aggressive when spawning and will chase and nip the fins of females and other fish in the tank with them
IME 30 litres is too smal for a pair of honey gouramis unless its very well planted with lots of hiding spaces

97l should be plenty of space for 2 to avoid each other!!I've got honeys,they breed constantly and once the male has eggs in the nest he doesn't want anyone else near him,male or female.
I have 2 males and 1 female in my 3 footer which coexist fine,1 male lives at 1 side,1 at the other and the female tarts between the two.
I have 3 males in my 2 footer who all get on great and occupy the same spaces.
In any case,it's pretty hard trying to get female honeys,but two males would get on fine together,it's only when there's a female involved that problems start.

thanks for info! maybe single sex is the way to go forward then!! they quite a bit bigger then my guppies so i really dont want any aggression in there,its a calm tank and would like it to stay that way! lol!
must admit though i would like to try and breed them, thought they werent that easy to breed?

thanks for info! maybe single sex is the way to go forward then!! they quite a bit bigger then my guppies so i really dont want any aggression in there,its a calm tank and would like it to stay that way! lol!
must admit though i would like to try and breed them, thought they werent that easy to breed?

you can just destroy the bubble nest when he makes it if you want and then he wont mate and you wont get any aggression

They are dead easy to breed,raising the fry is another matter though!!BTW,it may be worth pointing out,or asking really,there are two different honey gouramis.One is the dainty little orange ones (I have these ones),the other is more similar in size and shape to the blue dwarf,and I am led to believe their behaviour is entirely different.
Which ones are you after?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back